I have to share

I made the easiest thing! I cut up a bag of apples into large chunks, and put them in the crockpot for 1 1/2 hours.; My house smelled so good, but then I took the hot applesauce and smothered it with fat-free whipped cream. OMG- with waffles, husband and I were in heaven.

You can add some cinnamon if you like.
I've been craving apples lately, and am eating apples and peanut butter for lunch every day. Does anyone know of any easy apple recipes? Thanks, Alyssa

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm trying to remember one I saw at a Pampered Chef party (to highlight the apple corer/peeler/slicer, the baking stone and one of the little serving spatulas). I remember it involved rolling out a tube of sugar cookie dough and baking it. AFter that....kind of hazy. LOL It could have just been peeled, cored and sliced apples placed on top of the baked dough and drizzle with caramel but I was thinking there was something between the cookie and the apples. Maybe a cream cheese/cool whip mixture?

I love the smell of cooked apples in my house. I have one of the Pampered Chef apple thingies and when I use it, I'll throw the peels in a small saucepan with water and some cinnamon and simmer it. Smells wonderful!

DammitJanet

I have the most wonderful apple dumpling recipe.

Now since you are making your own apple sauce not sure how it would work with that but...approximate.

I use 1 very large jar of cinnamon flavored applesauce
Bisquick mix
milk
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream

Ok, I pour the applesauce into a sauce pan that has a lid and is big enough to hold the dumplings as they swell. Normally I use like a 3 or 4 quart sauce pan.

Let the applesauce mixture get to a low boil. while this is going on, read the back of the bisquick box for how to make dumplings....make the one for say...six. Follow the directions except add the little bit of sugar and cinnamon. Stir that all up with a spoon.

When the apple sauce is boiling, drop the dumplings in by the spoonful. Cover with a lid, turn down to medium/low heat. Maybe 5 on the temperature. Let it cook for about 20 minutes. Check after 20 minutes and see if they look dry to the touch. Dry is good. If they look wet or slimy they still need to cook. If you touch them and they are sticky, they still need to cook.

When done, remove dumpling to bowl, add some applesauce, serve with ice cream over it.

Marguerite

Something we do - use either a tin of pie apple or home-made apple pie filling (or sauce).

Get out a packet of puff pastry (butter puff, for luxury) and the sandwich toaster. There's enoguh grease in the pastry, no need to grease it further. Just heat uop the sandwich toaster, put a layer of puff pastry on it, dollop out the apple filling, top with another sheet of pastry, then close up the sandwich toaster and cook.

Makes however many apple pies or apple turnovers. Serve with whatever you like - caramel sauce, whipped cream, ice cream.

Very quick and easy.

Marg

BusynMember

I have some apples laying around that a friend gave me and they're not getting eaten fast enough.

Thanks for a great idea how to use them! :D Sounds delish!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Whenever we have apples that are starting to get mushy, or have a spot, or whatever and the kids won't eat them, I pop them into a huge freezer bag (in the freezer). When it's full - about 20 apples - I will boil them into sauce.

Cool thing - if you use a food processor after you boil - itwill pulverize the peels, cores and seeds. So no straining...

I bought some crescent rolls in the can, and 2 triangles on top of one another with the apple filling in the middle- thanks Marg- was a yummy dessert for the kids!

muttmeister

I think I have the apple pizza recipe mstang67chic was talking about.
You use half of a 20 oz. pkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough for the base. You need to add about 3 tablespoons of flour to it and knead it in and then press the dough out into a 14 or 15 inch circle. It is made to go on the Pampered Chef baking stone but I'm sure you could do it on a pizza pan. In any case, bake 15-20 minutes at 375. Cool.
For the next layer use 1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 teasp. vanilla. Blend and spread on cooled cookie.
Then put on peeled, cored, sliced apples to cover. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle on 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping. It is yummy.

Last edited: