I hope it isn't the flu!

susiestar

Roll With It
Just got a call from school. thank you is in the office with 101.6 temp. husband is on the way to go get him.

I hope this is NOT the flu. I will be alone with him all day tomorrow cause husband works the football game.

I really hope this is not the flu.

Sigh.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope it isn't either........keeping fingers crossed.

Cuz that's what I got. A lovely virus given to me by Darrin and Brandon when I sat for them oh about 12 days ago. ugh

Hugs

Rainey

Daydreaming Hippie
i got a call a couple weeks ago that my son had a temp of 101. 4 other kids had to go home too THAT DAY. he had an small ear infection in one ear and some congestion with a whooping cough, but it just took some antibiotics and hes been fine. i live in missouri, and its been going around alot in the schools.

hope he gets feeling better :(

KTMom91

It's making the rounds here, too. The first grade teachers at the closest school have basically been playing musical chairs, out with the flu, the kids are missing about a week at a time,. and one of the little guys where I subbed Wednesday went home with a fever of 103.

Hope it's nothing serious!

susiestar

Roll With It
Sorry I didn't update sooner.

husband brought him home. I made him take thank you to the doctor to make sure it wasn't the swine flu. Schools are asking us to have our children tested if the doctor thinks it is a good idea.

No swine flu. No flu-like bug. A cold. Stuffy nose, cough, sore throat. Not strep either.

The doctor said it is important this year to bring them in to be checked every time they get sick. Even though he had to go to the adult walk in clinic because the peds were booked solid by 9 am. They don't even start the phones until 8:45 - 15 mins before they book patients. They filled 30 appts in less than 15 minutes! Had 4 people booking peds all at once. (I have a friend who does appointment booking there.)

School sent home a form that says before he can come back he must be fever free for 24 hours with-o medication. When he goes back a parent must take him and he must go to the office to have his temp checked before he goes to class.

The paper also says that children with any cold symptoms will be sent home and should be kept home.

Funny. Just last week we got a paper from school saying if a child missed more than 3 days they were going to penalize him and at a total of 6 absences the parents must go before the school board to explain why, or else will be turned in to the Judge that handles truancy.

Hmmmm. I wonder which paper to believe? Sigh.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Funny. Just last week we got a paper from school saying if a child missed more than 3 days they were going to penalize him and at a total of 6 absences the parents must go before the school board to explain why, or else will be turned in to the Judge that handles truancy.

Then you remind them of their new thing that they want the kid home with resp symptoms.

We've already had one grade school shut down for swine flu.....can't recall where it was, nursing instructor told us.

Mine isn't h1n1 I'm pretty sure. But it's pretty bad even so. I could see someone developing pneumonia with this virus easily if they aren't careful. Mucus production starts thick whamo! Never seen anything like it. Hard to cough up, clogs up your head, fever, zaps your energy.

I'm hoping mine doesn't last any longer than it did with Brandon and Darrin.:faint:

Glad thank you doesn't have the h1n1. Hope he feels better soon.

Hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
Other than a mild sore throat and some coughing spells he is doing fine. believe you me, I will throw this form down the throat of anyone who gives us a problem. It is also in his 504 that he can have absences for Occupational Therapist (OT) stuff. I just bet a lot of the kids in middle school and up will have problems with this.