I hope this is a false alarm, but just in case please sent fairy dust or chicken danc

TerryJ2

My sister, K, called a little while ago. We had all spoken to our brother, C, this weekend or at least Fri, because he is home sick in Calif with-a horrid cold and he rarely stays home. He had called us all for our Soc Sec #s because he's working on Dad's life ins policy. What little there is, will go only to him, since he and his wife were paying for Dad's care for several yrs.

K said R, my brother's wife, took him to the hospital and his lungs are filled with-fluid, he's got a fever, and probable pneumonia. Worse yet, he and his daughter went on a nice vacation this summer, up and down the coast and also to Yosemite ... home of the fatal hantavirus. C is worried that he has it. K has a rash but that's it so far.
Fingers crossed!!!!
He is a workaholic and travels the world (most often traveled-to-place: China. Most hated place: China.) He NEVER gets sick. When he does, no one ever knows about it. (We saw him at Christmas, and didn't find out until June that he had been in a horrible bike accident with-bruises all over. Just as an example.) His wife is the same way. She had pneumonia one Christmas when we were all at their house in Calif and she refused to go to the ER. She works like a Belgian draft horse (only a lot smaller :)). So when they go to the ER, it's a huge deal.

by the way, P is totally looney tunes. She phases in and out of lucidity and apparently, has had low electrolites for a month and we just found out. The dr is being fired (the head nurse told me that he has made some "VERY serious mistakes" and that I was "very lucky."
P called me 4X tonight because she is having panic attacks and is in pain. She alternates between thinking she's in NY and VA and can't keep it straight, poor thing. I had to quit answering the phone. I called the nurse and told her that I will assume that P is safe, if very agitated and unhappy, unless I hear otherwise.

difficult child just came into my ofc a min ago and told me he does not want to take his seroquel any more because every time he lies down, he feels like he's really hyper and he panics ... sigh. At least he was a h*ll of a lot calmer about it than P! So tomorrow night, I will not give it to him. I hope it's not the lithium because he was doing pretty well on that.

Rain rain rain rain ... I'm getting sick of this rain, but at least the grass is green.
I'm trying not to think about my brother ...

susiestar

Roll With It
Sendng lots of prayers and (((((hugs))))).

I am so sorry that C is so sick. I hope that getting P's system back to more normal will help.

(((((hugs)))))

TerryJ2

Thank you all.
He is in the hospital for 48 hrs and is on IV antibiotics. Seems to be doing better.
Samples were sent to CDC/Atlanta.
The dr thinks it's "regular" pneumonia ... but they will find out for sure next wk.

L

Liahona

Glad he is doing a bit better with the IV. I'm still going to pray for you. You have a lot on your plate.

TerryJ2

Thank you! Supposedly he has gone home but I haven't had a chance to call him yet. P is in the hospital and will have her gallbladder taken out tomorrow. I've been spending a lot of time in the ER and now, in her room.
CDC said the sample was not Hanta Virus. Whew.

trinityroyal

Glad to hear your brother is doing better. Regular pneumonia is still brutal, but treatable.
Keeping the prayers, crossed fingers and nekkid chicken dances coming. Please keep us posted, and take some time to look after YOU.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
(takes umbrella)

Dance in the rain happy artist......you never know when you won't be able to feel rain on your face.......

I'm sorry for your stress, and trials - but you are such a tough, wonderful weatherproof gal......I'm sure this hurricane too shall pass.