I hurt.

Slice up the cheese, here comes the whine.

Starting with my head, I have what seems to be a chronic migraine. Well, chronic recurring migraine. Every afternoon my head starts to hurt and I am wiped out. Thank goodness Tink is back in school, now I can nap.

I have 5 zits (at least I think they are zits) under my chin, above my neck that hurt like hello. Can't pop them.

I have bursitis in my right shoulder. I can hear the "click" every time I lift my arm. Can't raise it above chest level.

My back is in constant pain. It keeps catching. I can't sit for too long, I can't stand for too long. Forget walking. Can't go a block. My bed is a piece of crapple so sleeping is near impossible. I wake up between 4 and 5 every single day. Then I am up for a couple hours. then I sleep a couple hours more till it's time to get up for real.

My knees are absolutely KILLING me. They have always been bad, but I fell on them last week (wet floor, slippery Crocs) and they are simply throbbing.

I have these boils under my chest and at my bikini line. Good LAWD they hurt.

And, as if walking wasn't hard enough, I now have a corn on my left foot. On the ball of the foot. I had no ides that these were so painful. It feels like I have a thumbtack embedded in my foot.

I have seven doctor appointments in the next few weeks. I am so broke that I don't know if I can afford the gas to get there. It's been almost a year since I applied for SSI, but it could be as long as another year before I get it. If I get it.

Oh, and I think I am allergic to the kittehs. But I am keeping them anyways.

Sigh. Vent over. Thanks for listening.

Andy

:doctor:

I would be doing more than just whining - I would be down right cranky ornery, stubborn if I had all this going on.

Catch up on your sleep - Lack of rest is making your migraines worse.

If the zits on your chin are zits, try putting a hot wet washcloth on them to ease the pain. If you are not sure, ask a doctor on your next visit.

I have no idea on what to do with bursitis.

Back pain - I hope one of your upcoming appts is with a chiropractor. Heating pads and/or ice may help aleave the pain.

Getting up so early and not getting back to sleep right away - That is what happens when you come to this site. It holds you captive - no computer for you when you are suppose to sleep. (do as I say but not as I do in this case)

I have no ideas on the knees either.

Boils I also have no idea.

Also no idea on the corn on your foot (see why I don't belong in direct health care?)

You are too important to miss those dr appts. Call the SSI people ASAP and ask the status of your application.

Never give up kitties - they are so cute. Stock up on allergy medications - your guess on allergy medications is better than mine.

Catch up on your sleep (I know, I am repeating myself). Lack of sleep makes everything more painful.

Address each of these issues at one of the doctors appts - preferably the 1st one.

Get better soon!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wholy Crud! It's a good think you're a cat. If you were a dog I'd have to name ya Lucky! :tongue:

Dang woman - I'd hug ya, but I keep thinking of that childhood song.....My head, my shoulders, my knees, my toes (sing along and do the motions) My head, my shoulders, my knees, my toes. Yeah arms up touch your head, then shoulders, then knees and OH dear DOG now I'm in traction.

I guess we could all kiss yer @$$ - 'bout the only place you don't hurt. LOL. :surprise::tongue:

witzend

Did you try benadryl? I know it knocks you out, but maybe at bedtime?

The thing in your foot is probably a "plantar wart".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_wart

I had one that had to be cut out. They're terribly painful.

If you are having difficulty getting SSI, you need to contact an attorney who specializes in that. I had the same troubles. I got an attorney to help after the first time I was denied. He (by law) charged 1/3 of my first check. The sooner you get an attorney, the sooner your claim will be granted, and the less money you have to give to an attorney to clear it up for you.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
1. Kitty allergy is most likely the cause of the consistant migraine. Can you afford a bottle of Zyrtec over the counter? (that's how I'm surviving Bruce)

2. For those things on your chin...warm wash cloth soaks to see if they'll come to a head. (many times a day)

3. My grandma used Bengay for the Bursitis. I think now they have a non-stinky form. If you have Vicks in the house it will work too. Don't ask how I know this.

4. Knees and back...Nice warm baths.

5. Make sure one of those docs look at those boils.

6. Corns, they have corn pads where they sell the shoe insoles. Grandma swore by them. The woman wore 3 in spiked heels everyday of her life, she'd know.

by the way, I think you went over the "group of 3" limit. You know....these things happen in groups of 3.

(((((hugs))))))

Oh, and Star........bad enough I have Aubrey singing that song so much that when I'm lying in bed at night I can't sleep because it won't stop running thru my head. Now YOU started it. :faint:

Head, shoulders, knees, and toes...........knees and toes................

Ugh!

Andy

I had warts on my feet - I didn't recognize them since I thought they were callouses. Got to the point that there were too many to cut out without being able to walk for a very long time. My doctor refered me to a dermatologist who put me on a immune therapy. Don't remember the name but had to have a shot of something in my arm and once the area became very red (allergic reaction) than I would start the therapy on my feet - one small area at a time - was warned it would get so painful that I may not be able to walk if I did too large of an area. The gel I put on a wart was specially made by only one pharmacy in the area and worked on surrounding warts also. I would dig out the wart once the medication got to a certain point. My feet did get very painful but I no longer have any on either foot.

The Head and Shoulder song. I rewrote it for a church skit and had two other ladies sing with me during a talent show:

Head and Shoulders (1st person held up head and shoulder shampoo)
Needs (2nd person held up a kleenex box) -notice NEEDS instead of KNEES
and Toes (3rd person pointed to and wiggled toes)

Eyes (1st person holds of glassed)
and Ears (2nd person holds up hearing aide)
and mouth and nose (3rd person holds up cold/cough medication)

We had the congregation and school families in stitches.

M

ML

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BBK)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon xoxoxo

K

Kjs

Sorry you are not feeling well.

We tried something new with difficult child and his pain recently. Epsom salt.
didn't soak in it, made the mixture, soaked a towel and put the warm/hot compress on his muscles. He liked it.

Don't know if it worked, maybe mentally if not physically.

However the towel was hard as a rock the next day!!

Hope you feel better.

klmno

No advice- just wanted to send {{HUGS}} - you're in my thoughts and I hope you start feeling better soon...

I'm so sorry you're feeling bad! I once had a boil on my leg, and the dr. told me to get an OTC medicine called BOIL-EEZE, it worked. Do you have one of those hot pack things, you can put in the microwave to heat it? If you have that, it's like heaven, put it on your back shoulder, knees. Can you get some of them at the drugstore????

Sometimes a hot bath will do wonders.-Alyssa

TerryJ2

Aw, BBK, so sorry.

This is a shot in the dark, but have you ever considered being checked for candida? It can cause boils, headaches and other issues. Just a thought, since you're seeing doctors anyway, you can mention it to them. It's an overgrowth of yeast in your system.

I've got bursitis in my left knee. I hate getting old!!!! I feel your pain (but in a diff body part).

And I've had a migraine on and off all wk. Thank heaven for Imitrex. Can you take something?

I'm glad you're keeping the kitties. They're worth sneezes and headaches and scratchy eyes because they're so darn cute and cuddly.

{{hugs}}

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, I've missed seeing you and this post sure explains why. I'm so glad you are having yourself checked out. I don't have one bit of advice, I just hope your symptoms are easily treated and that you feel better soon.

Gentle hugs,
Suz

F

flutterbee

I'm so sorry. :(

When it rains, why can't it just sprinkle instead of pour?

Check with the Salvation Army for a mattress. A bad mattress will do horrible things to a back. Plus, you need your sleep. It's important.

(((((healing hugs)))))

nvts

Um, I might be able to help with the dreaded "chest and bikini line boils". My best friend in college was rather "voluptuous" and like many of us, also suffered from a "flabdomen" (the medical term I understand is "panis" where the abdomen flops over a little bit).

She ended up with rashes under the "boys" as she called them and the underside of the panis. The campus health center told her to use Monistat 7 or one of the yeast infection creams for 2 or 3 days. You might want to give something like that a shot.

For the bursitis and sore knees: Absorbine Jr.

Feel better Kitty!

Beth

Thanks a lot, you guys.

I had a mini breakdown today, to top all this off. I guess I'm really not OK.

First I tried to set up a router from my computer to Tink's so she could have internet access. I worked on that for hours and it still is not working. Already not feeling good today, and I wanted to do something simple like throw in a pizza for dinner, but Tink really wanted burgers. Since we have no grill, I had to do them on the stovetop.

So I fried up 2 burgers for Tink, then started cooking mine. I should have cleaned the pan before I started mine, but I was too lazy. See, I had just spent 15 minutes scrubbing the pan before I cooked Tink's because there was burnt bratwurst residue (which, by the way, set off the smoke alarm) from the other day. I friggin KNEW the smoke alarm would go off again, but I started cooking again anyways.

And yep, it went off. I did what I did the other day when I burned the wurst, I stood under the alarm and waved a towel. The other day it worked. Today, I'm waving a towel like a lunatic and it would not stop going off. My asthma started acting up and I could not breathe. I started crying. Once I started, I just could not stop. I was suffering from Charlie Brown syndrome, I was just feeling like I could not do anything right.

So there I am, bawling (and I mean crying HARD), waving this stupid towel, and the alarm just keeps going. I drop a couple F-bombs (which I just do not do around Tink) and scream. Tink comes running and brings me a chair to stand on so I can disconnect the battery. By the time I hauled my fatass up onto that chair, the stupid thing stopped going off.

I walked into my room, fell on the bed, and just lost it.

My sweet little Tinkerbell brought me a cup with ice and a washcloth. God bless that little angel.

I told her not to be scared, that I was just having a really bad day. She said "oh, I'm not scared, mommy. I have bed days all the time".

And of course the first thing that I wanted to do was come onto this website, but the ROUTER wasn't working so I had NO internet access.

Baaaaahhhh.

Thanks again, guys. I love you all.

Andy

Awwww ....... Tink is so sweet. I love how our kids go into nurture mode when they feel we need nurturing. She understands bad days, poor thing. Give her a big hug from me.

Are you feeling better now? Have you tried any of the suggestions listed for your aches and pains?

When is your 1st doctor's appointment?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, BBK... I hate days like that!!

Planter's Warts are God's way of appreciating your feet. I had one cut out years ago, twice. They didn't get it all the first time. Those stinkers are PAINFUL. I was on crutches for 2 months the first time and 6 weeks the second. Trust me...I ALWAYS wear shoes at a public pool now.

Now you know why I don't wear a bra. ;) It rubs so bad under my 'tatas' that I get all kinds of rashes, skin tags, etc. But, I have a really nice collection of spaghetti strap tops I wear under everything.

Sorry, can't help you with the zits. I don't think I've ever had one. I was the lucky teen.

Tink was adorable in responding to you.

Our fire alarm in our last house was horrible. Or, maybe you could say too good. We'd be grilling OUTSIDE and the darn thing would go off. I felt pretty confident I wasn't going to die in a fire there.

So here's the deal. If you take my ankles and feet, I'll take your knees. Mine are already bum anyway. No boils or warts, though. Deal, or no deal?:laugh:

Hope you feel better today.

Abbey

Thanks again for the responses.

To let you all know, I have already been to my primary doctor. She has me on Imitrex for the migraines. She confirmed that the thing on my foot IS a corn (and I am treating it). Since it is on the ball of my foot, the darn pad keeps slipping off, so I have to wear socks (I HATE socks in the summer) or an ace bandage to keep it in place. I am on antibiotics for the boils, and I see a general surgeon next week to see if they need to be cut out. I am also doing warm washcloths on the boils as well as the acne. I am seeing a physical therapist for my shoulder, but since doctor's orders did not include my back or knees, I need to get the doctor to include them before I can get therapy for them too. I have one of those stretchy rubber band things for my shoulder.

I DO have a lawyer for SSI. I have been rejected twice already and now am going for a hearing. The second I get money I am buying a mattress. A big one. Tink slept with me last night and my back feels like it has been in a vice all night. We just don't do well on a full size. Oh, and I dreamed about Matt last night. ALL night. Oh my but it was warm this morning...

I am WAY better mentally today. Your kind thoughts and prayers are very precious to me. I truly do not know where I would be without all of your support.

:kisses: