I Just Don'T Understand People

jal

Hearing of late in the news regarding children being killed by adoptive parents/bio parents is just killing me. We give and do and are so much to/for our difficult child kids, how can others be so removed emotionally that they can harm children? I know, it is probably how they were raised (abusive), but I think about how in my life I never had that (my parents were great), husband was raised in a single parent household (and his mom was great to him) and his D wasn't involved, but it was ok, not abusive. How do you justify physically hurting a child in this way?

It is so sick.

The 5 Browns...the kids in FL (adoptees). It wrecks me every day to hear this. Especially as I fight every day to make sure our kid is OK. He has a roof over his head, appropriate clothes. food galore, extras out of our ying yang and whatever is needed we take care of...How can people who are supposed to, not do that? I just don't understand how you don't for a child....

I am sick regarding the latest in news.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Ya know, I'm right there with you. I don't get it either. And not just adoptive/foster parents, either - bio parents can be just as bad if not WORSE!!!

If you were on last summer (I can't remember), you know husband and I had a failed attempt at IVF. Well you know it just BURNS MY REAR END to Hades and back that there are people out there doing this stuff to their kids, and they keep HAVING kids, and I haven't been able to. I do everything I can FOR my kids, including and up to appropriate discipline and insisting on therapy! My mother is floored that I am "such a good mother" because I rarely babysat and am an only child/grandchild. But you know, I'm human. I'm glad she's impressed... I do try. And then I see people that neglect or abuse their kids, or stand by and allow others to do it.

I don't get it either.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I don't get it either.

I'm Mom to someone who abuses/neglects her children. Makes me soul sick if I allow myself to dwell on it, which I refuse to because life goes on and you only get to go around the bend once. I do what I can and force myself let the rest go.

I can't watch such news stories. I have to get up and leave the room.

Steely

You know, I was just thinking about this subject.

I am writing in my memoir about the time period of when Matt was 5 and he was like the kindergarten mutant ninja turtle. I mean, he was truly a train wreck, it was horrible, and yet as I wrote about it, all I could do was cry. Cry for him, and how much pain he was in - cry for me and how much I loved him but was unable to help. I so loved/love this kid that if my body could have stopped the train wreck I would have gladly laid it down on the tracks.

It is incomprehensible how much love I have for my own train wreck - and yet we have other parents out there abusing and killing their own children. Obviously these parents are sick. Perhaps as sick as some of our difficult children, which is a whole other angle to consider in this scenario.