I just finished lifting 1000lbs of kitty litter...

Abbey

Spork Queen
...twice. Literally, 1000lbs. It's so silly...move this from this spot 20 feet to another spot. No gym for me.

Abbey

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I remember those days!!!

When I first started at Target I worked in Chargebacks... I got really awesome at building 6-foot pallets and wrapping them within 10 minutes.

Then I went to Price Change and WOW oh WOW did I have to move stuff. Literally 2-3 feet sometimes, but over and over... UGH!

Be careful. I was in the stockroom on a 12-foot ladder getting down pillows when I hurt my back. BFFs E & W (yes met them both there) had to get me down. Later at a different Target I re-hurt it moving a 40-lb bag of dog food - the exec got upset when I asked for a team lift. I never returned...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Step...no team lift support? They would shudder at that. I didn't ask as it was 25lbs per lift, but a ton of them.

ThreeShadows - don't know about the gift card thing, but it is due to go on sale on Sunday.

Shari...haha. That would have been twice as heavy!!

Abbey

Steely

Gosh. I have to say I am actually envious. I miss real retail. I am stuck behind a desk most of my day doing faux retail. But in actuality I am the one that loves the hard core, grass roots retail. Like moving kitty litter. Not sure why, I guess just the physical release.

So cool you work for the big T. I did not know. My best friend landed a job there as a store manager, and they make big bucks! So stick with them. Are you working in Vegas?

KTMom91

There are days when I miss retail as well. Being able to talk to people...make that carry on a conversation with adult people...is something I really enjoy. Now...there are days when my entire vocabulary consists of two syllable words and the phrase, "Did you wash your hands?" The joys of elementary school!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Steely, it's my excuse of why I don't join a gym. :tongue: No, I'm at a Target in WI. I am going back to Vegas this next week and will inquire there about a possible transfer.

The team I manage is the hardest to fill because of the hours so it shouldn't be too hard. There are a good dozen or so T's in Vegas...some in not so nice areas of the city, but enough to chose from. Now that I'm a certified Team Leader and Trainer that should give me an edge on those 17 year old kids. Ha!

KT - I remember those days very well. Try teaching 6th graders where you learn their lingo like...dude...like...snap...like da bomb...like (notice the 'like'. They can't start a sentence without it.) The problem is when I'd leave teaching and go have dinner or something and I'm eating and say, "Snap! Dudes, like, this pasta is da bomb!" Whoops, I'm not in middle school right now.:anxious:

I like dealing with the public as well. About half my shifts I'm on the floor so I get that opportunity.

Today is a day off, though!

Abbey

Steely

PM me if you want the name of the store manager in Henderson. She is awesome, and you would love working with her.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Abbey - LOL - no, no team lift support. In fact I'm sitting here with BFFs "E" and "H" kinda laughing about it. I still have back issues. Be careful, hon.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, I don't do anything more than I know I can handle. One thing I can say about this store is they are very careful about safety issues.

Abbey