I just forgot (not an unusual thing)

Abbey

Spork Queen
That tomorrow is husband's birthday. My mother in law reminded me. (Thanks, Ma.)

He hates birthdays, but I always seem compelled to do something.

I literally told him two days ago that I had this feeling I was missing something around this time of year, but couldn't remember it. Well...guess this was it.

I'm such a dolt.

He tells me today that he wants absolutely nothing...tell all the family no get together, etc. Well, I'm going to leave that up to him.

I need to find a calendar that rolls from year to year. I have the hardest time remembering dates, etc.

Abbey

meowbunny

Hope husband has a good birthday regardless of whether he wants to celebrate it or not.

For Christmas, I always give my daughter and friends a calendar. On it, I mark the important dates --birthdays of family and friends, holidays, special events that I know are being planned for the upcoming year. I also give me a calendar so that I can put in all the stuff for them and me. That way, I only have to copy the stuff onto the new calendars (I use different color ink for each friend). Only way I'd ever remember my stuff (like, um, my daughter's birthday).

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Hey, Abb, I just keep a spreadsheet - list birthday's by month. Look at it the first of each month - then the year/day is irrelevent. Just a suggestion. Hope he enjoys his day in spite of himself.

trinityroyal

I'm with Star.
Nothing worse than a grumpy birthday boy who resents the hard work others have put in to celebrate the day he wants to ignore.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Gift certificate is a great idea! I'll see if I can swing it tomorrow. It's my first day of being a REAL bagger. Training is over. No eggs on the bottom. Would you like help out? (You should all bow down right now. Just wait until I get to be a....CHECKER....OHHHHHH...)

Beth, he's already got the lamps covered.:916blusher: I'm looking at these things right now. If I could only be more descriptive. They have a BIG gold base that looks like it came from Roman time, some unknown metal as a middle, BIG gold top and one of those curtain looking shades. It's staring at me right now.:faint: (Where IS my paper bag. I can't even make it to my corner.)

On a more positive note, I GOT MY NEW CELL TODAY!!!! FINALLY! Now I won't be calling India, or China, or poor Marshall who now thinks I'm a stalker woman.

Abbey