I just got a letter from Basic Training!!!

everywoman

My first letter arrived today. Acutually, there were five letters in the envelope. 2 were from reception and three since she started basic.

She is in the 3rd Platoon Battalion 2/39. They are the Rough Riders LOL and their motto is Bravo Bulldogs. She said they are getting smoked a lot because "no one knows how to listen."

She is having to drain her blisters everyday and asked for moleskin, neosporin, foot powder, and bandaids.

She said she's okay. She has food in her stomach, water to drink, a bed to sleep in, and a shower that she had gotten to use once. :sick:

She said her legs are "gross" and is looking forward to being able to shave at graduation.

She said she's not looking forward to the end---that's too long---so she's living for Sundays.

She said to keep my phone beside me all day Sunday because her ds is relaxed on Sundays.

She sounds strong!!:D

N

Nomad

So glad you got the letter(s) and that she is doing well (other than those awful blisters!). She does sound strong...certainly a great attitude!

Wiped Out

Staff member
She does sound strong!!! I'm glad you heard from her and that she has such a great attitude. OUCH about the blisters!

everywoman

Thanks ladies.
She's a tough little cookie. All almost 5 foot of her!!!
Fran---She has the perseverance of a Bulldog. Plus our (I'm a teacher/she's a graduate) HS mascot is a bulldog.
Nomad--I sent four different kinds of wound dressings, bandaids, moleskin and other stuff today. I just hope she gets is soon.
Beth---she's just awesome anyway!!!
MB---I'm better. I still miss her terribly. Her little apt. is/was only a block from home, so I have to pass it everyday. I look over for her car, and then remember, it's in my yard!
I go back to work tomorrow, so I'll be busy now at least. husband is glad because I've been spending money left and right since she's been gone. Shopping is the best therapy, right!!! But heck, the dogs did need grooming, and I did need a Wiifit to stay in shape, and the new glasses were a must, and who can go back to school without new clothes???? LOL!