I just got a steal of a deal!

DammitJanet

I know I probably shouldnt be doing this but...

I was looking on craigslist and I found a mom of twins who was selling two cribs. They sounded great online so I decided to arrange to meet her and buy them. $60 bucks each. They are the white Jenny Lind style and are the three in one type that go from crib to toddler to full sized bed. Well I looked at them online when she told me about them and they are $189 brand new.

I figured 60 was a good price used. I get there and these cribs are brand spanking new! Mom said her twins went in them one night and decided they could climb right out of them so they got them regular toddler beds!!! Im surprised they didnt just take them back. Like I said, not a mark on them, perfect condition, all hardware there, all the slats and even the instruction books are still attached to the springs! They didnt come with mattresses but that isnt a problem. I have one mattress and Cory can buy another one at Walmart.

I am so tickled to death. Now I am off to look for a crib set...you know, one of those bumpers, comforters, little mobiles...all in one pattern...lmao. Can you tell Im getting excited?

DDD

Gee, Janet did I miss an inning? Are twins expected?? If so it flew right past my brain.

Soungs like a terrific deal. Congrats! DDD

DammitJanet

No...no twins...lol but we need a crib at my house for the baby when she is here and she needs a crib at HER house.

So much for us never having anything to do with this baby huh? LOL

DammitJanet

I also just snagged a baby crib n a bag thing with the bumper, valance, sheet, skirt, diaper holder, toy holder, comforter, and three wall hangings...all for 35 bucks.

Keyana'a step-dad does the wood carving on machine and can make the letters to spell out their names to go on the wall really well. Im gonna see if he will do that for me. Cant hurt to ask...lol I dont need him to paint them, I can do that here so they will match. I want Keyana and Mackenzie. I think for right now we will keep them in the same room. Later we can separate them. I think Keyana will love having her in her room though in the beginning. Or if I can get my office cleaned out fast enough that will be her room.