I just had a borderline moment!

DammitJanet

Tony and I went grocery shopping and were on our way home in the car. My ever present cell phone started ringing and I answered it. I noticed it was from a "private caller" number but thought nothing of it.

Annoyingly whiny girl snaps "who is this?"

I replied "excuse me, I cant understand you clearly."

Girl snaps again "I said who is this, your number was on my phone."

I said, "Oh, well this is Janet and I dont know how my number got on your phone. I own this phone."

Girl snaps back..."listen, I dont need your smartassed remarks lady! I know you know who you called."

About this time I was tired of the game and said "Look, I dont know who you are but Im old and dont need this BS, get a life and F off."

I hung up.

A minute later she calls back. I answered and screamed into the phone F YOU B....Im crazy and have papers to prove it!

LMAO!

donna723

I love it too! You did good! I always think of that stuff afterwards, when it does me no good.

You sound just like the lady in "Fried Green Tomatoes" who yells, "I'm older and I have more insurance" as she gleefully smashes in to the car of the two smarta$$ girls who tried to beat her to the parking space!

Last edited:

Abbey

Spork Queen
I 'pocket dial' all the time. I don't lock my phone and suddenly I'm calling like someone in China.

They'll call back. Who are you? Who are YOU? Well, you just called me. No I didn't! Then sheepishly look back at my call record and I did call them.:surprise:

Abbey

Andy

Hey, that's how my easy child talks when she is around me and certain "friends". Does that mean you can have that language and still be a good person? I think so - I am holding out that she is a good person and that I am the only one that gets her venom.

"Well, if I knew who I called, than why don't you? You really should only call people you know. Now, kindly erase my number off your phone and I will do the same. I just can't have your attitude connected to my phone. Then, pull yourself together and try to have a good day."

donna723

My standard answer to someone who calls me and asks "Who is this?" is "Who were you calling?". I make them work for it!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Ok so maybe not the most lady like thing to do but I LOVE IT!!!

When I still worked at the dealership, I hated it when people would do that. They would call us up and say "Someone from there called me". Um yeah, there's 60 people working here Sherlock.

DammitJanet

Well I have no doubt that it was one of Cory or Mandy's little imbecile friends. It confuses them when someone other than those two answer the phone as if the phone actually belongs to them! NOT! If the little twit had been nice like most people who call then it would have gone pleasantly as I explained that I am Janet and I am the mom and the phone belongs to me...blah blah blah. She just copped an attitude and I wasnt in the mood for it. The above mentioned twits that live in my house have been arguing for days and days so I am not overly fond of this age group right now.

F

flutterbee

I *hate* when people call and ask, "Who is this?" My response is the same as Donna's...."Who are you calling?"

I've had several calls from 2 different phone numbers (thank you caller ID) repeatedly call my house and it be the wrong number - or worse, they hang up when someone answers. I thought at first it was kids because a few of them were at 3AM. I finally called one back and an old lady answered and I asked her who kept calling my house and hanging up. That number stopped calling....now it's another number. I have no idea who these people are.

But, since their number shows up on caller ID, I looked them up and know where they live. I might just show up and knock on their door at 3AM just so they can experience of being rudely awakened. :devil:

DammitJanet

I dont even normally call someone back if I notice a strange number on my phone but on the rare occasion that I may do this such as if I am waiting for an important call I will identify myself by name and say politely that their phone number showed up on my missed numbers list. Then I will inquire as to whether they happen to know if anyone there was trying to reach me. If they say they dont know or if its a business...we usually share a laugh or two and part company talking about how technology has brought strangers together these days. People dont have to be rude when asking simple questions but it seems that the younger generation (OMG....I have turned into an OLD FART!) hasnt learned manners or etiquette.

KTMom91

I hate it when people start off with "Who's this?" And I admit, I am not usually too polite when I ask "Well, who's this?" If they still don't want to tell me, I have been known to give a lesson on proper telephone etiquette until they get all PO'd and hang up.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yeah, pulling the "crazy papers" card was classic, Janet! Or is that Classic Janet?

Either way, I applaud you! Maybe someday I'll get my papers, too... :crazy2:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Too right Donna.

My eldest brother I so very rarely see. Um I think once or twice in a span of about 20 yrs. It's just as rare for me to speak to him on the phone.

One day (must have been a blue Moon) the phone rings. Now it's night, kids are toddlers and in bed, and husband is at work.

"Who is this?"

Me: :"Who is this?"

"Who am I talking to?"

Me: "Who am I talking to?"

"What's your name?"

Me: "What's your name?"

At this point I'm POed.

"You know who this is."

Me: "If I knew, why would I ask your name?"

"Who is this?"

Then I told him quite colorfully where to go and slammed the phone down.
Less than 2 mins later it rings again.

"This is *****, and d@amn you can be a *itch, can't you!"

Which I calmly replied, "Wouldn't need to be if you weren't being such a jerk." :devil:

It was eldest brother calling me out of the blue. I so rarely talk to him that I didn't even recognize his voice. :rofl:

donna723

I don't EVER call any number that shows up on my Caller ID if I don't already know who it is. If I'm curious, I sometimes Google the number to see who it is. Or you can go to 411.com - there is a reverse directory where you can put in the phone number and if it's a listed number, it will come back and give you the name and address of the person that the phone is listed under. I use this at work a lot when we have phone bills to reconcile.

TerryJ2

LOL.
I didn't realize you were borderline if provoked. I thought it had to come out of the blue.
But hey, just because you had a reason doesn't mean you couldn't try, LOL!

F

flutterbee

Donna, I don't call numbers I don't recognize either. Until they start calling several times a day and night and ask for someone who doesn't live here or just hang up. And first I asked easy child if he recognized the name or number thinking it might have been one of his friends playing a prank.