I just met the cleveland crowd!!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
A while ago - the cell phone rang. It was the gang in Cleveland!!!!!!!!!

They were at the hotel getting ready to have dinner. I want to tell you something gang - You could go around the world twice and never find a nicer, more caring, loving, wonderful, thoughtful group of people. It was like getting to meet my family for the first time. Even though I didn't get to be there - I got to hear their voices. I closed my eyes and listened to each and every one of the gals and a few of the men - and it was just the next best thing ever to finally after nearly nine years - hear their voices.

(getting choked up here) - You are all so lovely! I'm sorry I am not there. I am sure like Abbey told me - YOU ARE ALL REALLY RUNNING AMOCK! AND JANET - despite trying to hide the sparkers, and twirley tassles and donkey - you're getting a riding crop for Christmas! (giddy yup).

It was my pleasure to speak with each and every one of you - and thank you so much for taking the time to pass me around the table and say hello. You're all such a treasure - and more of a family that you'll ever know.

I would say by now - they are laughing and having such a grand time and I couldn't think of a finer group of friends who deserve it more.

Ladies - ENJOY YOURSELVES & thanks for the love.

Hugs & Love
Star

And SOMEONE - GET A PICTURE OF THE DANCING DONKEYS - were you guys pushing my foot or something?

NEXT YEAR........MURDER MYSTERY TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue:

Marguerite

Train? Next year? That will hook husband in!

Star, that phone call sounds wonderful. I'm jealous.

Any time you guys want to travel Down Under, let me know and we'll roll out the welcome mat (and the hibsicus flowers and the finger limes with oysters - see Star's other thread).

Marg

BusynMember

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Well, I know how sweet everyone is just by posting with them.

I'd love to see a picture!!!!! Can you maybe make an album that the "left behinds" can look at? It's great to be able to picture those you tell your most intimate secrets to. :D HAVE FUN!!!

Nancy

Star,

It was so nice talking to you last night. We all had a great time and pictures will be coming.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Richard and I are home safe and sound. We had a wonderful time and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Unfortunately he was unavailable when pictures were being taken but everyone commented about how much he looks like my avatar so you can pretend that's his picture.

I just sent pics out to the attendees but I don't know how to post things so one of them will have to do that. I'm hoping someone will have a picture where I don't look bug-eyed. lol

Suz

mstang67chic

Going Green
I tell you Star....that phone was smokin' hot when I got it back! LOL I'm so glad you got to speak with everyone. And people...we're talking EVERYONE!!!! Even the husband's in attendence talked to her!!! It was funny....our table was a bunch of smaller tables formed into a big U. You could sit there and track where the phone was at the table by who was yelling things near the person talking to you. (Something about Timerlady/Linda announcing she would be dancing on the table???)

Oh and my pictures are coming here in a minute!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
difficult child 1 and I are home safe and sound too. We left about noonish but took a major detour because one of my really good friends lives out in never never land on the way back. So we spent a couple hours with him and his wife and 2 of the 5 kids.

Anyhoo... It was great to meet everyone and talk to Star! Some people looked exactly like I expected, and others totally threw me. (And, yes, I AM really blonde... Just not right now!)

difficult child 1 also had a really good time and liked hearing the stories - that she could be worse and what could happen if she was! She also really loved, and I mean loved, the fact that not a single person so much as blinked when they saw her style. People willing to accept her for who she is. I was so thrilled... But I already knew y'all were like that!

busywend

I am home! I loved talking to you, too, Star! Glad you could join us for dinner conversation!

I will have to wait until tomorrow to upload pics - my home computer just will not cooperate with my camera - some setting I can not find!

tiredmommy

We made it home around 2:30pm... and the power was out for a few hours. :hammer:

S2T- Your difficult child 1/easy child is really a great kid... too bad Duckie didn't get a chance to meet her.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Suz, I haven't downloaded yours yet. I will get to it yet tonight though and get them up here. If you post on your own with your version of the Cleveland story, I'll put them there for you. If not....I'll just start a thread titled Suz's pictures.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOVED talking to you Starbie!!! :D :D And it's up to you to figure out if Janet really did dance on the tables or not. lol ;)

TM I am so sorry I didn't get to meet Duckie!! Of course I might have squeezed her to death. lol

Step to 2 I have to say difficult child 1 most definately charmed me. :D I'm so glad she had a great time!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Step, I mentioned this in my essay but difficult child 1 is positively adorable! I was this close to smuggling her home with me!!!
LOL - She was adorable this weekend. You have no clue how she is when raging! Well, actually you do from being here!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well I am NOT home yet... but will be in about 7 more hours... :p

And yes it was so lovely to finally hear Star's voice -- the donkey queen IS real! :D

My update later...

Love you ALL!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well I am NOT home yet... but will be in about 7 more hours... :p

And yes it was so lovely to finally hear Star's voice -- the donkey queen IS real! :D

My update later...

Love you ALL!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
So now my flight's been diverted to Tucson and....Ready for this?

There are NO gates available!

And did I mention the extra hour holding pattern we sat in?

:grrr: