I just remembered something for our middle school readers

DammitJanet

My favorite author is now writing gobs of books for the middle school aged readers. From what I have read they are a huge hit which is no surprise to me since he is a hugely popular adult writer.

This writer's name? James Patterson. If you need some extra gifts...these would be nice.

T

TeDo

Janet, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I LOVE James Patterson and have actually read some of the "Young Adult" books. I've read the whole Maximum Ride Series. Not bad if you don't mind some sci-fi. The Witch & Wizard books aren't too bad. I haven't read any of the Daniel X books though I do want to (if he'd quit writing adult books long enough. LOL). Both my boys loved "Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life". It was a pretty simple book so might be geared more for the younger middle school age.

DammitJanet

That man must write in his sleep! I am fixing to buy the newest alex cross. He says it is the best cross next to kiss the girls and you have to go a long way to beat that. Shudder...lol. I didnt think anything could beat Kiss the girls. I hit the snake scene at 2 am in the morning...lmao. Couldnt sleep at all the rest of the night.

T

TeDo

If you notice, most of the books lately have had co-authors. I don't think he does as much of the writing himself anymore. I am almost done with "Kill Alex Cross". It is GOOOOOODDDDDD. I won't tell you anything else.

buddy

Oh for sure, I work in the middle school library every week and those books fly in and out....always a wait list.

susiestar

Roll With It
Jess ADORES the Maximum Ride books, but neither of us really is into Daniel X. I have one of his on audiobook and it isn't my thing. But the first Maximum Ride books were great!

Y'all do know that he has help writing a lot of his books now - that is why there is sometimes another author's name on the title. I haven't had any problems with the ones he writes with other people, so it doesn't bother me.

Another thing that might be fun are the "doodle books". I mention them because I saw them at Sam's when I saw the last Patterson book there. They come in a pocket size (paperback size, about) and a larger size and each page has a different thing to provoke thought and creativity. A border or outline of something and you fill in the rest. My kids have always loved stuff liek this rather than coloring books but they can be hard to find. They were called Doodle Books and here are some of the pocket ones: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...s=pocket+doodles&rh=n:283155,k:pocket+doodles

My kids both want big packs of sharpies for xmas. I laughed and laughed and laughed when J told me she wanted them. Girl is NUTS if she thinks she is getting permanent markers. she has to learn how to put caps on markers before she has a PRAYER of getting those, lol!!! thank you is worse than she is and I laughed when he told me that too! Gma said I was "mean" until I told her she was welcome to give them to Jess and Jess could use them on HER nice leather couch and pretty carpeting and new bedspread and sheets. All I heard to that was "Point taken. No markers for the kids this year. I like my furniture." Then we both laughed, lol!

DammitJanet

I got Keyana a tablet this year so all her reading...such as it is...will be done on an ereader. I got the books that have text to talk. She can see the words as the books read them to her. I hope this sparks an interest in her. I want a reader in the family. I also hope her mother lets her keep it and doesnt take it over.

LittleDudesMom

I didn't realize he wrote the Maximum Ride series -- difficult child is getting book 3 for Christmas (book 4 is on preorder) - last year he got book 2! You learn something new every day! I just never paid attention to the author. If difficult child wants to read, I'm on it!!!!!

Sharon

klmno

difficult child does a lot of reading in Department of Juvenile Justice and has read some books by this author in the past- he always seemed to like them quite a bit.