I Just Wanted to Let You All Know

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Sarah~
Thank you. I believe Kris is proud right now, just reading your words would make me a proud Mom.
Prayers are with you.

DazedandConfused

I have often thought of your Mom this past year. She was one of the first that reached out to me. For that, I'm deeply grateful.

Please accept my sincere condolences to you and your family. She was, and will be, missed.

The world is better because she was in it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sarah, I'm so very sorry. Your mother was an amazing person/warrior Mom. And she was so proud of both you and Jarrod. She touched and helped so many, myself included. She will be deeply missed by those who knew her.

((((hugs))))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm so very sorry about your mother! She was far too young to be leaving this world so soon. I hope you can find comfort in knowing how many people loved her.

wakeupcall

Kris made this board an even more special place for those of us who needed support. I'm so sorry. Be strong, she would like that.

Wishing

Sarah-my condolences to you and your family on the passing of your mom who was a generous, caring
person. We have all benefitted from having Kris in our lives. I have been on this board for years eventhough I don't post often. Her warmth to all of us and support in our struggles with our children will be missed. Her love has big tentacles in our lives. We needed her and she was there. We just thank God for her precious life in our world. Kris will always be with us as her love and memory lives on.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Sarah, like the others have said, your Mom's posts about you and Jarrod were always filled with love and pride. I know you felt her love. Few Moms (especially on this board) are lucky enough to feel their childrens' love in return, but your Mom did and she was grateful. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Suz

F

flutterbee

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your mom was such a special lady who offered comfort to all of us.

(((hugs)))

Did-I

Worn out warrior
Sarah,

My heart goes out to you and Jarrod. As many others have said, your mom was so very proud of you and your brother. Though you may not remember, I had the pleasure of meeting your mom and the two of you when my husband and I were on vacation down there a few years ago. Jarrod disappeared to his room like most teenage guys would do and you and your mom shared your dance history and experiences with us among many other things.

Your mom will be truly missed by all those whose lives she touched so lovingly whether it be personally or in cyber-space.

Hugs to you and Jarrod.

Take care of you.

DammitJanet

Sarah...My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. While I never met your family in person, I have "known" your mom as a friend on this board for years. I will miss her terribly. She was truly a wonderful person and loved you guys fiercely. I am just so saddened by this news.

witzend

Your mom was one classy lady. She was a good friend to all of us and her sense of humor was great. She will be missed.

Kris's Daughter

I want to thank you all again for your kind words. They are making the coping so much easier. To hear how much she touched all of you really amazes me. We are all hanging in here and making the arrangements, calling family, etc... It's a very tedious process. And I am going to say it one more time... Thank you all for everything. I know that when mom was having her hard times with my brother and I you all helped her just as much as she helped you.

And yes Did-I, I remember you. You were just as nice in person as my mom said you were online. ^_^

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I was so sad to hear this news.......my prayers go out to your family......she touched many lives.........she will be missed.......

Sheila

I, too, watched you and Jarrod grow up on the board.

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. We will miss her.

I know she is proud of you. And, oh, how she loved to watch you dance. Tell us, how far did your sign language proficiency advance?

I remember how proud she was when Jarrod got his first job, how pleased that he was saving his money for a car, excited when his fast food job gave him the experience he needed to move on to retail sales.

So many memories.... She loved you both very, very much.

As a new member in the "Primary Zone," she held my hand and soothed my fears after I'd venture a peek into the General Forum. I learned a lot from Kris.

Please check in from time to time and let us know how you and Jarrod are doing.

Hugs

Ephchap

Sarah,

I'm also sending my heartfelt condolences to you and Jarrod. I met your mom when we had our Board get together in the Boston area.

Oh, how she loved her tv shows - from Alias to all her reality shows.

Above all else, she was so very proud of her children and as others have said, her love for the two of you came through in her words in cyberspace.

Again, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Deb

Kris's Daughter

Sheila,
I'll be sure to check in from time to time and let y'all know how things are. As far as my ASL... I made it through ASL III before transferring to a different school (which is ok because mid-way through my 3rd year of ASL my teacher left to teach at the Nation Deaf Academy). I'm still trying to keep my skills up until I can save enough money to go to the certification program at the community college. Still planning on getting nationally certified although I'm also hoping to get a degree in nursing as well.

Ephchap,
Yeah... she really did love her shows. Till the very end until she was non-verbal, she kept making sure I was recording her shows for her.

OpenWindow

Sarah,

The two things I remember about your mom are her sense of humor and her love for her kids that showed through in every one of her posts. I came to the board when my son was 4 and she offered me so much support and knowledge. Her sense of humor was very refreshing and it was so easy to see how much she cared. I came back to the board last spring and was very sad to hear that Kris was not doing well. I hope she knew how much we all loved her and how much she helped us and our children get through some really rough times. I think about her often and will continue to do so.

My prayers go out to your and your family.

Linda