I Just Wanted to Let You All Know

smallworld

Sarah, online communities are a funny breed. For the most part, you don't meet your fellow posters face-to-face, but you do get to know an awful lot about them -- their hopes and fears, their joys and disappointments, their attributes and their quirks. As a newbie here three years ago, I remember logging on many an early morning when I couldn't sleep from worry over my own kids and finding your mom online, too, spreading her wisdom and humor to those of us who really needed a pick-me-up to jumpstart our day.

As others have said, your mom's love for and pride in you and Jarrod shown through in her words day in and day out. I have a sense that preserving her relationship with you both, in good times and bad, came out on top every time.

Sarah, my thoughts are with you and Jarrod at this difficult time. Sending many gentle hugs to you tonight.

N

Nomad

Dear Sarah,
My family sends their condolences.
I recall when my own mother passed away all the folks who commented on how very special she was. I already knew this. I bet this is how you feel as well. I know she was a great mother, was a positive influence for many on this board, including myself and no doubt provided wise guidance for countless others she came in contact with. Even in poor health, she did what she could to help others and this is a powerful legacy. I know she imparted her wisdom and kind heart to you and your brother. She will be greatly missed.
AAF

Kathy813

Staff member
Sarah,

I left the board awhile ago and something made me check in tonight. I had just been thinking about your mom last week and was so shocked to read that she had passed away.

You mom was truly a wonderful woman. We spent many nights on the telephone together and I enjoyed every moment of our marathon phone conversations. I was even lucky enough to meet her in person on a visit to Florida a couple of years ago.

She loved you and Jarrod so, so much. You were her entire world and she was so proud of how you both turned out. I know you will miss her terribly but I also know that you have inherited her strength and heart and will be fine -- just how she would want you to be.

I will miss the "queen of reality tv." Good bye, kris, my very dear friend.

~Kathy

svengandhi

I used to post here under a different name - I first joined in late 2000. My children are younger than you and your brother and I used to follow your mom's stories and advice for when mine reached those ages. I did use many of her suggestions, including looking for an alternative HS for my son, who is now in community college and who wouldn't have made it in mainstream HS.

Your mom was a very kind person and although I never met her in person, her kindness and generosity of spirit came over the Internet. May she rest in peace and may you and your family derive solace from the joys in her (especially her children).

mom_to_3

I too want to offer my sincerest condolences to you and Jarrod. Your mother was very wise. You could always count on her to be quick and to the point. :) I like that in a person. I also remember her talking about you and Jarod. She was quite proud of the both of you. God rest her soul.

SRL

Sending my condolences to your family as well. Kris was one of the first people to welcome me here in a time of crisis and I'll always appreciate that.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sarah,

I am another mom who was helped, soothed, and occasionally given a swift kick in the hiney to get me moving toward what my kids needed from me. Through it all, she was loving and caring, and her love for you and your brother radiated through everything she did. Thank you for letting us know how you are doing with your certification, keep up the greaat work. You will be a great advocate for many, esp iwth your mom as an example to lead you.

I surely do miss her.

susie

pigless in VA

Sarah,

I hope one day you will pop by and read this. Your mother was a wonderful friend to me during a horrible time in my life. She helped me to see things more clearly and gave me unwavering support. There are times when I still hear her advice ringing in my head. I know that you and Jarrod will be successful adults because your mom helped you see how adults should behave in her no-nonsense way. She helped all of us become better parents because of her advice. You two take care of each other. Love from Virginia

Nancy

Pigless, I could have written that myself. I still hear Kris's voice in my head, we would talk for hours. I can't bring myself to delete her email from my address book.

My daughter just had a baby last week and one of the likes she got on her facebook post was from Jarrod. He is married to the woman he was going with when Kris passed away and he has a baby boy. Kris liked Amanda very much and was hoping they would be together, she would be happy. Although I don't know excactly what Sarah is doing now I know she is well and seems happy.