I keep having to log back in...

Marguerite

Does anyone know why I suddenly am logged out and keep having to log back in? I often have to walk away from the computer (to get dinner, or answer the phone) and when I come back to post the thread I was working on, I lose it because I got logged out in the meantime. It's happened to me several times tonight alone.

husband said it's happening to him too, on his computer.

Any ideas?

Marg

tiredmommy

Hmmm... I had to log in once yesterday but I haven't needed to do so since then. I think Cheryl usually recommends that cookies be cleared because one may be corrupted.

I hate corrupt cookies.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
This happens to me all the time at my work computer. I have to log in several times a day. At home, it's the opposite and I have to make a point of logging out when I leave the site or it will just keep me logged in, even after closing the browser! It's annoying to keep logging in, but I'd rather do that than remained logged in indefinitely. This is a sacredly private site for me that I don't want anyone 'happening' onto and reading.

donna723

Yesterday for a while I was getting a message that said the board was down for maintenance. Then when I got back in, I had to log in again. But this morning I was still logged in.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Have to keep logging in when I come back after leaving - the remember me button doesn't work

The problem with deleting the cookies is that it also erases all of the fill in info and half the time I can't remember what password I used.

Marcie

Estherfromjerusalem

It also happened to me yesterday, and it has been months since I have had to log in, even though my computer is continually being switche on and off. But then today I had no problem and was logged in when I switched on.

Funny things, computers!

Love, Esther

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I got that same message yesterday that the site was down for routine maintenance. I had to log back in when it came up but otherwise I've not had any problems.

Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I got the maintanence message yesterday too, right in the middle of responding to someone. Waited 5 mins, came back and had to log on. Late last night I had to log on again. This morning though, I didn't need to.

R

runawaybunny

Yesterday I removed the little default check mark from the remember me selector on the log in form because a member complained that could allow her difficult child to be automatically logged in under her name if she forgot to remove the check mark.

I'll switch it back to being checked by default and let the member that complained know that she'll just have to remember to take the check mark out of the box when she logs in.

;)

Marguerite

Thanks, Cheryl. Thanks for the explanation, too. It's back to normal for me now.

Interesting point the member made - I've found difficult child 3 has been following some of my threads. I'm not too worried because I'm not saying anything that would upset him, so I leave myself logged in all the time because that works for me. husband does the same thing with his computer, but then he's the only one who uses his computer.

I first realised that difficult child 3 was reading my threads when he asked me what a difficult child was, then he worked out the code and identified each of the family members. However he's been helpful, there ahve been a few times when I asked him for help with a problem for someone and he had some good suggestions. He's been especially good at describing how he felt in certain circumstances, from the kid's point of view.

Marg

KTMom91

Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering why I had to log in, but I just figured Miss KT had overwritten everything with Facebook or something like that.

Marg's Man

I didn't realise the 'Remember Me' box defaulted either way.

I use a number of secure sites for work, play and this. Some 'remember' me, others require log in every time. It's just a matter of the way the server is set up and the cookie settings local to your actual computer. I know CD uses a 'Remember me' cookie so I just looked for (and checked it) when I had to log in last night.