I kicked my drug-addict daughter three years and now doesn't want anything to do with us

BusynMember

I just hope they reconnect. I dont feel the mother estranged her daughter out of cruelty. It was for safety. I hope the daughter realizes that her mother had no way of knowing that she had changed. Daughter in my opinion didnt try hard enough to contact her family...there are ways beyond phonecalling. Thats how I feel,right or wrong.

My mother may have estranged me for many reasons. I think it was mostly becsuse she couldn't control what I did so she talked herself into thinking I was rotten. I will never know for sure She could have talked to me about what bothered her about me too. I appreciate honesty. Maybe if we talked,she would have stopped hating me. But she was a coward. A vindicative one. However, this is not about our mothers. This is about this mother and daughter.

At any rate....I hope and I think there is much hope.

Last edited:

LyraSol

She wouldn't have been able to contact us or any other relatives because 1) my brother-in-law, sister, and my two nieces had moved to Russia and she wasn't able to get in contact with them because they wouldn't answer her and she didn't have enough money to buy a plane ticket. They are her only other relatives. My husband is a single child and both of our parents are dead. 2) we had moved from Utah to New York and then, three years later, moved back. We changed our phone numbers and had replaced our emails with new ones. She went to her old friends and ex boyfriend but they all rejected her. Not to long before she had met that man (the baby daddy, as her friend would call him).
And 3) she went to where her father works (I'm a stay home mom) but the only thing that they told her was that he no longer worked there cause we moved away and that they didn't know where we were.
Thankfully, after she packed all of the stuff that she would need, she did go to a Catholic Church after she ran away from that man when he was working. They helped her tremendously and took her to rehab so that she could get real help, but they first helped her feel ready before they took her there.

Last edited:

Copabanana

Thankfully, after she packed all of the stuff that she would need, she did go to a Catholic Church after she ran away from that man when he was working. They helped her tremendously and took her to rehab so that she could get real help, but they first helped her feel ready before they took her there
This is such a sad story.

I am so impressed by both of you. You and your daughter. She had good values and she knew she would find help. That is why she went to the Church. She knew they would help her. You taught her that. That people would be there for her. I agree with the others, time will heal.

The bottom line is she stood on her own two feet. And kind people helped her up. You drew a line in the sand which you had to do. I feel so bad for you, but I believe it will work out.

Last edited:

LyraSol

Thank you, Cop. That means a lot. As much as it hurts not being with her, I feel so proud of her for becoming a strong and independent woman.

LyraSol

I don't know if this counts for my daughter trying to reconnect with us, but my daughter had sent us an envelope filled with photos of her, her son, and friends. Apparently she knew that her friend was in contact with us and had asked her to gives us these photos.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
LyraSol

I think it's wonderful that your daughter turned her life around and you have a new grandchild.

If it were me and my son's story I'd be over the moon with happiness!

Just give it time.

LyraSol

Good news! My daughter this morning called her dad and had asked him to meet her at a coffee shop. He told me it was a little awkward but other than that, everything went well! My daughter says that she understands why we kicked her out because it was for the best but she still feels angry about it. Even though she's angry, she said she would like to see the rest of us when she's ready and would like to introduce her son to us, who really wants to meet us.

Albatross

What terrific news, LyraSol! It sounds like a great foundation for rebuilding your relationship with your daughter and starting one with your sweet grandson! Thanks for keeping us posted. We love happy stories!