I know I've asked before but I need more...

keista

Just thinking....... Any chance husband's sibs will join husband in FL for this conversation? They've already told mother in law that this is a bad idea. Hmmmmmm have they said that to husband? If not, they need to tell HIM as well as her.

I'm so sorry. I hope it works out for you an will keep praying that it does.

keista

I'm sorry, I just had a glorious yet evil, vindictive, difficult child type thought. You pay all the bills, don't you? Stop paying the mortgage. It's not in your name. That'll give you the money you need to move.

DDD

Sadly he is in the power position and he has milked it for months and months. I do not agree that you should contact mother in law. You and she do not have a strong caring relationship. All three of her children "know" that your husband is making the choice between his marriage and his Mom. She, in turn, has already made her choice known. She only wants to be with your husband. There is no mystery in this crisis.

Although I am hoping resolution is originated with your husband, I honestly think it is time to visit an attorney to find out exactly what your rights are and will be in the future. I don't believe that it is too much of a stretch to anticipate you may end "odd man out". The assets are not in your name. The assets are not in his name. Somehow I think your anxiety level would lessen if you get an exact picture of your rights before things get worse. I hesitate to sound so negative but in my lifetime I have personally known many loving wives who have been shafted royally...and my gut tells me you are a potential victim.

My caring thoughts continue to come your way. DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thanks again for all the feedback, thoughts and good wishes.

Keista, H's sibs are on the same page as me, but they have somehow put it all on H. In particular, his sister knows better than to leave it up to H, but she's a bit insulated living all the way out in CA - she knows her mom wants to be with H. It must be so nice to not have to work, but fill your days with volunteering so that you have zero time to handle your mom's affairs - especially since she is the POA. At any time, sister in law can step in and take over their mom's financial affairs and I'm sure the mom wouldn't mind since she's so overwhelmed by it all. Instead, sister in law is suggesting they hire yet another person to handle the monthly finances! I mean, C'MON! H's brother offered to go to FL with H and speak with his mom, but H refused.

I think this is what happened: His mother said in passing that she'd want to be up in CT, caught H off guard and as per usual, his tongue was tied and so he said nothing, which mother in law mistook as acceptance, an acquiescence if you will.

Mattsmom, I think you are on the right track. I am realizing that the longer this takes, the harder it will be on mother in law (and apparently H) and in the end, I will likely be the one who has to say it out loud. I don't have a problem with telling mother in law no, however, it goes against all the danged detaching and work I've done to NOT be co-dependent with the kids OR with H. I also realize that no matter who tells her, she will likely blame me anyway, so why should it matter if it comes from me, right? on the other hand, I think, dammit, this is my HOME and marriage, I should be able to stand beside my H and say, "Nope, this is not going to work out" and be heard and understood by everyone involved. You are correct, this may be one of those defining moments in our marriage. It's a miracle that other events haven't broken us up, it's sad that this may be the one thing that does.

DDD, we have a counseling appointment this evening. If he doesn't show, I will need to change the focus and goals for future appts and work on getting myself out of this sham. I agree with you and have begun formulating a potential long term plan. I don't think you're being negative, I think what you've said is the reality.

Thanks all.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I'm sorry, I just had a glorious yet evil, vindictive, difficult child type thought. You pay all the bills, don't you? Stop paying the mortgage. It's not in your name. That'll give you the money you need to move.

I don't pay the mortgage. H does. I pay all the utilities and the food bill plus all my own personal bills. We're wierd - all our money is essentially separate and we split the bills. Nice evil thought though!!!

DDD

I'm crossing my fingers and saying a prayer that your session takes place tonight and that there is some meeting of the minds, as well. Hugs. DDD