I lost my job. I need my spork.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Hugs, both of my part time jobs are ucky. Hours have changed here too. husband won't let me just stop working unless I have something else. Hope things look up. Going through a temp agency isn't a bad idea. I have found good jobs that way in the past. At least it gets you in the door places.

hugs,
beth

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, the current plan, which might change, is for me to go back to Vegas on March 1st. One way ticket for $99. As much as I hate working the business, I have $2600 of jobs in March alone that I could work instead of paying another DJ.

I have a call into my former boss...maybe I'll do that job as well. It will also allow me to hopefully finish my book.

I will need a car. I have to verfiy my place to stay.

What a sleepless night thinking about all of this.

Thanks for all your support.

Abbey

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Coming in a bit late but just wanted to say Chin Up, Abbs! I have every confidence that you will land on your feet. :cheerleader:
Peace

4sumrzn

I'm so very sorry. So many of us are in the same boat....it's so scary. One day at a time & we'll bounce back {{hugs}}

house of cards

I think what your ex employer did stinks, but I would love to see you back at your old job and getting more stories for your book, and you get sunshine and warm weather back! Keep youir head up, your positive attitute is enviable to me, hang onto it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think this was a job for a Fork NOT a Spork.....as in walk out and say FORK YOU....

I think I'd be saying OW OW ......my arm - :tongue:

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm coming in late on this but just wanted to stop in and say....that HOOVERS, you'll figure out something and....HUGS.

Kind of in a funk myself so I'm off to my corner to sulk.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey it sounds like you're forming a plan........I'm thinking that's a good sign. You know we're in your corner.

Sending ((((hugs)))) I know how scary this sort of thing can be. Hang in there.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm sorry for this state of affairs.
I didn't realize you were trying to get back to Vegas. I hope this all works out for you. It's pretty scary to go without a job or a place to stay.
I have lots of questions and not many suggestions. I guess I haven't been keeping up in this forum. Hope things turn positive soon.

ctmom05

Abbey,

Even tho you may wish that you weren't being tested so often, truthfully - your problem solving skills are something to be proud of.