I Love L.A.!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
And now for some cheese to go with that whine earlier...

I get to brag a little here about two celebrity sightings since Saturday.

difficult child 1 and I were at a conference for people with IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) at the Biltmore in downtown L.A. on Saturday. When we came out to go to our car across the street, there was a movie being filmed in Pershing Square. We hung out for a few minutes to watch what was going on, maybe see a celebrity. Sure enough, Robert Downey Jr. was one of the actors being filmed! (difficult child only knows him as the guy that plays "Iron Man" in the upcoming movie this spring.)

TODAY, husband, the quintessential sports guy who has practically every box score memorized since he could read a newspaper, went golfing in the town next-door and just called to tell me he got partnered with Pro-Football Hall of Fame member David "DEACON" Jones (played for the L.A. Rams, the San Diego Chargers and the Washington Redskins in the 60's and 70's). He tried to CALMLY tell me he got an autograph and had been invited to the bar to have a drink with the guy -- I'll be surprised if he doesn't pee his pants!

Life is just too funny sometimes... :winks:

babybear

Well I think that calls for a Dr. Seuss quote

Out there things can happen
and frequently do
to people as brainy
and footsy as you.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Two fun experiences to remember. Although, I think husband's has yours beat. lmao :winks:

Way back in the dark ages I got to meet and visit with Hulk Hogan the wrestler. Very funny and friendly guy by the way. And I even got his autograph, although at that time he was yet to be a "superstar". Too bad I wasn't smart enough to keep that autograph, huh? lol

I wonder how many more you'll see.

mom_in_training

Whooo-Hooo I saw Brad Pitt one time on Rodeo Drive (If thats how you spell it) Oh and of all people I saw Richard Simmons jogging around the corner in his lil red shorts... Lol!! Thats as good as it gets for any sightings I have had. :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sara, I'll bet he'll always remember that trip to the store! But can he remember what he bought that day? ;)

M.I.T. -- when we were at the hospital in L.A. for husband's brain surgery in Feb., I saw Shannon Daugherty (90210, Charmed, etc.) walk into the hospital dining room where I was having lunch!

It's funny, everybody seems so much taller than they are in real life.