I Love My Husband....BUT

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
if I don't vent about him, I'm gonna EXPLODE!

The guy is driving me bonkers over this move. We are taking small things to the new house a little at a time. *I* am trying to do this in a neat, orderly fashion - cleaning ahead and behind as I go...but husband's approach is the "bull in a china shop" method.

husband wants to grab random stuff, (regardless of what it is or what it disrupts to move it) drive it over there and stick it in a pile. No cleaning - no sorting - no organizing - no nothing. Just grab, drive, dump. Now that would be one thing if he was doing that with *his* stuff...

but he is trying to do this with MY stuff.

I had all these old, sentimental things packed away in boxes in the back of my closet. Since none of these things were being used, it made sense to move them first - bringing them out of a closet here, and putting them into a closet there. Except - husband wants to start unpacking them...."Ooooooooh, what's in this box? Oh what is this? Oh hey - look what I found!" THEN - he wants to figure out where to put these things on display. Welll....let's see....#1-there isn't even any furniture here yet....so there's literally no place to put anything on display yet...and #2-it's *my* old stuff that I don't necessarily WANT on display. But there is husband - trying to dig through all my boxes. I had to practically slap his hands to get him to leave the stuff be...

Then he wants to pack stuff that we are using - like the dishes and the kid's clothes. Ummm....that stuff should go last. Go pack up all your old camping equipment! Well.....no, he doesn't want to get into that right now....

We had a problem arranging internet service at the new place. husband's solution is to get on the phone and SCREAM at them [Yeah, thanks, hon - I'm sure they'll be thrilled to help us now.] So I had to take over and handle it.

And now, he is taking tomorrow off of work to move a lot more stuff. And never mind *his* stuff...He figures he'll start by clearing *MY* desk...

I am trying to remain calm in order to avoid a homicide.

I love my husband.
I love my husband.
I love my husband.
I love my husband.

(And I'm just gonna keep reminding myself.....just in case...)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
DF... Not only do we have similar children, we're married to the same guy...

Tell me if this sounds familiar: You're trying to clear the table for dinner. Everyone else has retrieved their stuff and put it away. You put husband's in a neat pile.. He comes in, and either shoves it off onto the ground, or moves the pile to another table, or goes through it IMMEDIATELY - never mind that dinner is on the table and everyone's waiting...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not

Tell me if this sounds familiar: You're trying to clear the table for dinner. Everyone else has retrieved their stuff and put it away. You put husband's in a neat pile.. He comes in, and either shoves it off onto the ground, or moves the pile to another table, or goes through it IMMEDIATELY - never mind that dinner is on the table and everyone's waiting...

And by "going through it" you mean, of course, just putting into new piles, right? Right back on the very same table you just tried to clear?

Yeah....that's him.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader

Yes, tearing open the envelopes and letters, leaving them open and torn all over the table and then when he realizes that dinner is, in fact, on the table, he just pushes them aside (into my spot or easy child's) and proceeds to fill his plate while pages and envelopes are all over the place. Lovely.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss................He has a man cave. The entire place hasn't been opened up or dusted since - forever. There are things in there that could get up and walk away by themselves. But if I leave a HAIR tie on the coffee table? He will hunt me down and make sure that he puts it SOMEWHERE in the house so that it's not in the man cave. But if I suggest that we CLEAN the mad mess? Nope. Not ready to do that just yet. BUT we COULD.........go through your shed and sort out ------(NO NO NO NO NO) why do we have to go through my neat, and orderly boxes? .....

WHY - because you are a ..........snoop. Just a little boy that would never, in a million bazillion years - go rifling through my stuff - ever. But if the opportunity presents itself to make an exccuse to GO THROUGH my stuff - because LORD KNOWS I have "NEAT" stuff. Then "WE" should by all means go through MY neat stuff.

In 13 years of sharing a home - I've never once opened a drawer in his shop, his desk or opened his wallet - he has boxes that I swear if he dies before I do? I bet I'd find rent money for ten years in.......but does he want to organize HIS things? NOPE. Wants to look in MY neat stuff. UGH.

RIGHT THERE WITH YOU GIRL.........and my stuff is boring - and organized and packed away - but it's like moths to a flame if I crack a seal on a tupperwear stow=it container.

SENDING YOU 100 degrees of mellowwww mellowwwwwwwww mellow..........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
And when you do finally get to actually go through all his stuff?? Pray he is in no way shape or form a hoarder, or even a pack rat. I am still going through husband's "stuff". I think I'm about done.......and I find yet more "stuff". omg