I love the elderly

Abbey

Spork Queen
In my new position, I work alone a lot. Gives me lots of 'messing' time with customers. ;) This old guy...probably near 90 comes up with a HUGE bottle of Vodka. (Dang, these Wisconsinites love their Vodka.) I digress.

So I ring it up and just stand there with my hands on my hips and look at him. He looks a bit confused and finally says, "Whatcha need?"

"Are you kidding me? I need an ID." He looks me dead in the face and walks around my checkout stand, grabs my hand and starts pulling me (actually staggering) to the door. In fact, he got me out the first set of doors. "Hon, you're going home with me."

I'm dying laughing and turn around to go back in and there is my manager who hasn't been there in hours. He's like...what the heck? I yelled, "Jeff, call security! This guy is trying to kidnapp me because I wanted to ID him." He just chuckled and shook his head. "Can't leave you alone for one second," he mutters and walks away. (One second, my arse...how about hours?)

The guy did pony up and show his ID. He was 88. I got a nice giggle out of him, though.

Abbey

Steely

You are hysterical.
That made me smile.
I love the elderly too.........I would do back flips down all 2 flights of stairs if it made an elderly person happy.
Keep it going Abbey - you are creating many, many good karma boomerangs out there for yourself.:peaceful:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Steely, that is funny. Our company's basic is literally called the boomerang theory. (http://www.festfoods.com/) Do whatever it takes to bring them back. If you have a customer fill out a little form about what they liked, you get this little gold boomerang to put on your nametag. I've got a few so far.

I'm still cracking up about the nametag thing. Yesterday I was "Shirley." (Shirley Temple.) Day before, Cosmo. All these young kids are freaking out. Wait...I thought your name was Abbey, or Deborah or...can't remember. Tomorrow I'll be Whiney.

Got to enjoy!!

Abbey/Shirley/Cosmo/Whiney/Spirit/, etc. Maybe I'll try Star. haha...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I'm chuckling to mice-elf... you could be Bailey for the Holiday's... I got more somewhere...