I"m so tired

Tracey,
I am so glad that your daughter is in rehab and is getting the help that she needs now. This is a big step in the right direction for her! Now you can try to relax a little, because your difficult child is in a safe place and your know she is not using drugs right now. I hope that you can take some time for yourself now, because you have been under a tremendous amount of stress with your daughter. Please keep posting and let us know how your daughter is doing at rehab.

P

Prima

My little girl called me last night from rehab, she sounded in good spirits and sounded like my precious daughter before all the drama with drugs. We were able to have a conversation without yelling or cursing. It felt so good to be able to speak with her and have that care and respect for each other like the type of mother-daughter relationship I have always longed for since my own childhood.

She wasn’t begging or crying to let her come home, she spoke more like a young lady who is learning new coping skills and needed to touch base with her family. She said that she has a new roommate and they have to be early. She has medication management and then breakfast (the food was actually good) and the people (staff and clients) are very nice and she attends several meetings during the day, they have guest speakers. It has been a long long time since I have been able to speak to my daughter without the interference of some outside substance and I feel so proud of her. Thanks to be God. I hope that each and every parent gets to experience their loved one's having this affliction being removed and that they have a spiritual awakening in their lives.

buddy

I pray she is able to continue this path. It is a long road to recovery in my family/friend experience....It sounds like she has found a place to establish a really good start.

Zardo

Tracey - I am so happy for you that your daughter has taken that first step. This is a very happy and peaceful time. What I and many others have found is that the first step is usually that, a first step. I think there are some that go to rehab and change the first time and never look back, but the much more common story is that it takes time to fully heal and have the strength to stick with recovery. In my experience, the good news is that my son has not slipped completely back into use since his first time at treatment about a year ago, but he has had a couple of isolated incidents of use which have prompted him to seek more treatment along the way. He is clean today, but never more than one bad decision away from slipping. The good news is that he continues to fight and comes to us when he needs to seek further treatment to stregthen his resolve. There are many good programs when your daughter completes rehab to help her in her journey. It may take time. Be patient, educate yourself and nurture yourself. Her recovery is HER journey. One thing that has helped me is reading everything I can to learn about addiction and recovery. If this would help you here are some good reads: "Changing for Good" - "Addict in the Family" - "Intervention:Anything but My Own Skin" - Good luck - I pray for stength for your daughter.

P

Prima

Thank you for the suggested books to read, I certainly appreciate the input and hope I can return the favor. God bless you.

Tiredof33

(((blessings to us all)
I'm so glad she went into rehab Traceyxoxo - you deserve a rest. You are a very strong mother, not everyone can cut all ties when they see nothing they are doing helps. It's what the pros tell us to do - but much easier to tell someone to do it than actually doing it yourself.

This online books inspired me a lot! she is a family therapist and still had problems with a child, she advises the same, let them go if they continue to use.

https://web.archive.org/web/2012010...hange.com/relationships/letgo/book-intro.html