I made 164...........

busywend

peanut butter kiss cookies today!

I had so much fun! They are really easy and not too much mess. Biggest problem is finding somewhere to let them cool as it take hours for the kisses to harden.

Most people I talked to this weekend were staying in to make cookies today with the big snowfall. I expect there will be an extraordinary amount of cookies at work and throughout the holidays around here.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
YUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMYYYYYY!!! :xmasdancers:

I'll take 3 dozen, please. :spaghetti:

easy child went out and bought baking supplies. Seems we'll be doing sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, and mincemeat cookies. Don't know where we're gonna put them all, even between the two families. Then she's making pumpkin rolls for xmas dinner. *drool*

Wiped Out

Staff member
That's a lot of cookies! I'm thinking I might not make any this year-the kids don't seem to care and I'm not sure I have the patience for it.

tiredmommy

Yum! Those sound great Wendy! I've baked (but not decorated) 16 dozen cut outs since last night. I'm off to make banana bread and chocolate dipped pretzels and strawberries! :forsanta:

by the way, we're up to 13" of snow here! :blizzard:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Wow - we're all baking! Wendy - I love those cookies, but they were voted out this year so we're replacing them with another.

I also made sugar cut-outs today (about 4dz). difficult child and her bff will decorate them this week. I also made choco-oat-nut cookies (2.5 dz), rum balls (4 dz), 2 date nut loafs, and chocolate florentines (2dz), and that's it for this weekend. Next weekend I have to make all the things that don't keep/freeze well. Whew -

H is snow blowing the driveway :blizzard: and difficult child is trying to drive home in this thing (stupid, stupid, stupid :hammer:). Apparently, she's not allowed to stay at her boyfriend's house. Oh well, I hope she makes it ok. I want to take a bath and relax my back - it actually aches from being bent over the table rolling out dough and cutting, etc. Maybe a glass of wine is due. :smile:

Have a wonderful Sunday evening.

I made chocolate chip meringue cookies.

Nvts and Tiredmommy, these would be PERFECT for you guys.

No butter.

:smile:

I also made potato chip pecan cookies.

OK, I see you wrinkling your nose. They are GOOD! Not necessarily Christmas cookies, but mighty tasty. I had to do something to use up the yolks.

nvts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I made chocolate chip meringue cookies.

Nvts and Tiredmommy, these would be PERFECT for you guys.

No butter.

:smile:

</div></div>

Good thing cause I'm out of butter!!! lol

I made "PMS Cookies" "Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies" and "Strawberry Thumbprints".

I'm doing SourCream Banana Bread for all of the teachers (Christmas Tree Shop has those mini-loaf pans for $1.00 a pop). Guess what? The only butter needed is for those who smear it on the b-bread!!!

:rofl:

Beth

Certainly! Since I don't know which one you mean, I will do both.

Meringue cookies:

6 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 c sugar
1 c chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 250* (not a typo. that is 2-5-0)

Bring egg whites to room temperature (they get maximum air that way). Beat them with cram of tartar until soft peaks form. Add sugar, gradually, about 1 Tbsp at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form. (when I had these last, they were at a baby shower, and half were tinted pink and half were tinted light blue. If you wanted to tint them, you would do this now, but only a little. I chose not to tint). Fold in chocolate chips.

Line baking sheets with parchment paper (really, don't skip this step, you'll thank me). Drop teaspoonfulls onto pan. Since I did not tint the meringue, I sprinkled green and red sugar crystals on top. Bake 20-25 minutes or until dry. You want the cookies to stay white, not to brown.

It is best to make these cookies in the evening. When they are done cooking, leave them in the oven and just shut it off. The residual heat will dry them completely.

These cookies just melt in your mouth. I doubled the batch, which left me with 12 egg yolks...what to do what to do...

Potato Chip/Pecan cookies

1 C butter
1/2 C sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
2/3 C potato chips. crushed (I had leftovers from Tink's b-day party)
1 c or so pecans, crumbled

Preheat oven to 350*

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla.

Beat in flour. Mix in chips and nuts.

Again, parchment paper is awesome. Drop by teaspoons. Bake 10-14 minutes says the recipe, I baked for 15 exactly.

I doubled the recipe. I have 8 yolks left in my fridge, and I am not yolking around...

I will be using 2 for my cream cheese cookies and 4 for my apricot bars. After I do them, I will let you know how they turn out...

Star*

call 911........call 911
eXCUSE ME MAAM

may i have the sour cream banana bread recipe sans anything that chirps.

Really I'd like to have it...

Thanks

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'll be pm'ing you my address - haven't the energy or strength to stand long enough this year to do much baking & the tweedles are missing the Christmas treats. husband is even beginning to whine - it's ugly when husband whines.

A couple of dozen will do - I'm not greedy. :rofl: :gingerbread:

SRL

It was Rum Balls and Almond Roca at our house today! I'm hiding most of it because we've eaten everything else already.

nvts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eXCUSE ME MAAM

may i have the sour cream banana bread recipe sans anything that chirps.

Really I'd like to have it...

Thanks </div></div>

Here you go!

Banana Sour Cream Bread

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medication.)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp. V-A-N-I-L-L-A
1 & 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Beat sugar & oil together
3. slowly add eggs (no shells)
4. add remaining wet ingredients
5. slowly add dry ingredients until well blended
6. pour into greased & floured loaf pan (I like that Pam for Baking - spray and it's done!)
7. bake for 50-60 mins. or until a knife in center comes out dry

This banana bread stays moist forever, but it's nice and heavy and firm.

annnnnd...

you can smash escaping crickets with it too!

Beth

:xgift:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh YUM, the date nut loaf came out very yummy.

You know what's funny? difficult child has NO interest whatsoever in baking, but as soon as I make those Rum Balls, she and her bff suddenly take great interest in what I'm baking...and want to be my official tasters! Haahahaha

tinamarie1

rum balls sound yummmmmyyyyy! kinda off topic here, but I had the most amazzzing thing at duncan donuts...its an iced gingerbread cake donut. it was to die for