I Made It Through The Week

J

joneshockey

Well, I made it through my first week back to work in 4 months --- It wasnt easy, but I am so thankful it is the weekend! Emily made it pretty hard for me since she decided that it was play time in the middle of the night (she had me up every night from 2 AM-4:30 AM)... I am pretty sure that she just :missyou:missed me soooo much that when she woke up for her bottle that she wanted to spend time with me! This made for very L-O-N-G days at work... Thank goodness for DIET COKE (I think it saved me life this week)!

I was worried that I was going to miss out on Emily's first milestone (rolling from her back to her stomach) since she has been sooo close all week at her grandma's house --- Thank goodness she waited, however I left for 20 minutes tonight to pick up a pizza and what do you know she does it for FF1... not once, not twice but 4 TIMES! At least it is just the first of many (and lets hope that i don't miss out on them all!)

I think that I MAY have my work cut out for me this year at school... I have 31 students enrolled in my class and I have at least 3 with HUGE behavior issues --- If any of you could bottle up and send me some of your patience, I may be needing it! (since mine already has been running thin... sigh)

Cindy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Aww, I know it stinks to have her keeping you up, but it's good that lil Emily feels up to playtime. Hopefully she'll sleep through the night soon and so will you.

My daughter nichole is feeling it too. Not only does she have Oliver waking her up for feedings.........she has Aubrey waking up all night trying to sneak into bed with her and her husband. Double whammy. Then exhausted and lack of patience while trying to deal with an exhausted 5 yr old. blech

Hopefully the students behavior issues won't be a huge problem. Fingers crossed.

Hugs

shellyd67

I am hoping that as time goes on, things will even out for you , Emily and your problem students...

Glad your 1st week back wasn't too bad.

J

joneshockey

Hound Dog... I feel your daughter's pain with children sneaking into bed --- We had the same issue with B1 for 2 years straight! Even to this day B1 still sneaks into our room and sleeps on the floor, which is a total pain when I have to get up in the night with Emily --- I always seem to step on him, even when I try my hardest not to! I am beginning to wonder when or if he will ever sleep in his own room. His therapist says that he will eventually stop, but I have a feeling it may not be for a LONG time. For the longest time we would move him back into is room but now at age 8 he is just tooo big and heavy to lift!

keista

His therapist says that he will eventually stop, but I have a feeling it may not be for a LONG time.
LMAO! Yeah, like when he moves out for college. My DD2 also still crawls into bed with me.

Glad you made it through the week. Relax and enjoy the weekend with Emily.

J

joneshockey

B1 says he has bad dreams when he sleeps in his own room and good dreams when he sleeps in ours... ALL I dream about is the day I don't have to step on anyone just to get out of bed!

TerryJ2

ALL I dream about is the day I don't have to step on anyone just to get out of bed!

LOL! I hear you!

So glad that Emily is reaching her milestones, although I wish you had been the first to see. That's need that FF1 got to see her do it 4 X.
I hope she sleeps through the night soon. I remember when 5 hrs seemed like a breath of fresh air.

Thanks for the update about your first wk back at work. I was thinking about you.