I miss her

Nancy

I don't know if it's because Mother's Day is coming up or just because, but I found myself really missing difficult child today. I was running errands and while in Target I remembered all the times we would go shopping together. That started a sadfest that I had to try very hard to put out of my mind.

Nancy

T

toughlovin

Oh hugs Nancy. I was having similar thougths today myself. difficult child has not called us even though he now has calling privledges and they encourage them to call families twice a week. I was thinking about how he probably feels really like he is not a part of the family because we are all going on with our lives as we need to, he cannot live here, he is out of state and how that must feel to him. Not that he is feeling any of these things, but this is what I am feeling for him. It just makes me sad.... and I don't know what his perception is but all I want is to him to get his life together so he can truly be a part of the family again but that is going to take a lot of work on his part. I have no idea if he is willing to do that work... I haven't seen it yet. But I just keep thinking of thoase adoption abandonment issues.... and I too just kind of had to say STOP to myself. I really can't go there much.

Have a happy mothers day... I hope you have a good one with your easy child. We have big plans this weekend what with the prom tomorrow and then mothers day and my PCs birthday is on mothers day this year so it is really her and my day.

TL

Ephchap

Awww, Nancy, I'm sure it's been really difficult and emotional. No matter how mad, angry, upset, worried, stressed, etc. they make us, they are still our kids, and of course, we love them. That doesn't mean we can always be there for them or have them around when they are not doing the rght thngs, but it still hurts. Being the parent of a substace abusing difficult child is the pits. I don't know any other group of folks that would understand as much as the group here does. Sending gentle hugs your way.

Deb

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I'm really sorry Nancy (and TL too) my heart feels heavy for you both, and a number of other Mom's on this board who will not have a good Mother's Day. The pain in our hearts for our estranged kids is unfathomable.............sending you gentle hugs and heartfelt wishes that this gets much easier and that joy overpowers the losses.

A

AmericanGirl

I'll be glad when Monday gets here. Am so very sorry Nancy....

I played with a friend's 2 year old grandson last weekend. Brought up so many memories of difficult child. Wondered how a child can go from that innocence to addict. So sad...

dashcat

Oh, Nancy, I understand. I think we've all been through this. Holidays and special occasion days are very hard in any situation of loss. You've been on a real rollercoaster with your difficult child and Mother's Day is bound to be a huge trigger. Sending hugs.
Dash

DDD

Sending very sincere and supportive hugs your way this weekend. Although I don't have any answers I understand alot of your emotions. Special days seem to magnify the pain. You are not alone, my friend. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
I think that we all need a:
:group-hug:

Nancy, your difficult child couldn't have had a mom who loved her more or tried harder to help her. I still haven't given up on her. She can still figure this out and come back into your life someday.

In the meantime, enjoy your easy child and have a special mother's day.
You are a :no1mom:.

~Kathy

Fran

Former desparate mom
It feels like there is a hollow place in your life. It's hard to explain. It feels like a parachute that has landed. It's still inflated with air and looks fine but there is a missing support and it will collapse. I don't know what that means but it's how I feel at times.
Different circumstances but the emotions seem the same.

exhausted

Dear Nancy, I can't even imagine. She is your child. I hope you can find comfort with your easy child and husband and some sign of peace will come to you. (((Hugs)))