I miss my daughter.

dashcat

She runs hot and cold with me and I guess it's time for a cold spell.

It turns out the Pizza Hut job is legit - at least it's legit that she works there as a driver ...not a full time server with benefits ...but at least the whole thing wasn't made up.

Haven't heard from her in a week ...yet she's only 1.5 blocks away. Last time I saw her was good -we'd gone to lunch and she was supposed to get back to me about having dinner with a friend of hers and a friend of mine on Sat - never returned my calls about that.

I'm giving her space ...which is what I always do during these cold spells...but it just makes me sad.

I was looking at scrapbooks last night and wondering what ever happened to that happy little girl.

Thanks for listening..

Dash

Last edited:
T

troubled

At least you know she's working and that will keep her busy doing something productive. I know your pain, too ((HUGS)).

Nancy

Aw Dash, I'm sorry you're feeling sad. Like troubled said at least you know she's working and she's safe. But our mommy hearts hurt anyway.

Maybe it's time to meet for lunch again.

Nancy

DDD

Just had a short power outage and lost my post. I'm sorry you are in a cold spell. Maybe she feels it is necessary to get some distance in order to move toward maturity? Could be. Meanwhile I understand. Who would have thought parenting adults would be so darn hard! Hugs. DDD

dashcat

I am grateful she's working and i know she's reasonably safe (as safe as agfg can be at any given time).

I miss her, but - honestly - it's more about missing seeing/talking to her. I miss who she was ...and the potential for who she might have been ... before her safe little world unraveled.

I miss the young teen who babysat, who had friends, who loved going to youth group at church, who sang her heart out, who loved school and her family.

I know this sadness will pass. I suspect it has a bit to do with the kids going back to school. I see her friends heading off to their first college apartments, with memories of a summer internship behind them. And I see her posting on Tumblr about smoking pot and hating the m***********rs in her life.

Dash
(and, Nancy, I'd love that!)

elizabrary

Sorry Dash! I go through the same thing with mine. And even though she's here right now, I miss her. Just like you I miss the great kid she was and I wonder whatever happened to that wonderful girl. It's heartbreaking! I'm feeling your pain! :(

P

PatriotsGirl

(((HUGS))) I have been and am right there with you.

I miss mine, too. Not only do I miss the kid she used to be or the woman I had hoped she would grow up to be, I miss her.

susiestar

Roll With It
((((((((((hugs)))))))))) I miss Wiz a lot too. He won't call us. Seems to have decided he isn't part of us anymore. So I celebrate his successes when I hear of them and offer to do what I can and enjoy my other two. SOme parts of parenting are just the worst.

Mom2oddson

My heart goes out to you Dash. It's so hard. It's been over a year since Steph has talked to us. We hear how she's doing from family because she will talk/visit her Aunts/Uncles. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't even know if she was alive. I've had to build up such a strong wall around my heart in order to survive. Yet, the pain still comes through when I think about her.

Many Hugs.

Bean

I'm with you very much. With all of you and your pain. I'm at work having a hard time. Put in my iPod to keep my mind busy, but the music just made it worse, actually.

P

PatriotsGirl

Bean - don't you hate that?? I will do that on my way home from work and a song will come on that makes me want to bawl my eyes out thinking about her! :(

Butterfly Kisses is a really bad one for that though I love the song. Oh, and Hallelujah. Yeah, that is another one. Gets me every time.

dashcat

Oh, yes, the music. Sometimes it's just one of the songs we used to sing to in the car, but the tears just flow. Hang on tight, Bean. I read your thread. We all hurt for our kids.