I must be absolutely nuts ...

Abbey

Spork Queen
No, (insert smack on his head)...you DON'T ALWAYS KNOW!!! This is where I offer to give the low down on women's cycles, etc, especially when you become a tad older. Come on...you really need to know this. This is where they run screaming out of the room with their hands over their ears.:surprise:I don't want to know!!!

I've only known one man in my life that truly wanted to understand. (true story and dialogue)

So, it just...comes on?

Yep.

You don't know when?

Nope. Ballpark range, but that's about as good as it gets. Even sometimes that doesn't happen. Heck, I went 4 months without a period and then BAM. I thought I was done. Guess not.

Wow...that's got to suck.

Yeah, I guess so.

Don't you carry supplies with you?

Yes, dorko, but many times it's TOO LATE to do anything about the damage. It just happens.

Hmph. Never thought about that. That REALLY has to suck.

Yes, hon...it does. Remember a few weeks ago while we were frolicking through the zoo and I was kind of in a hurry to go home? That was the 'BAM.'

No way.

Yes way. I spent 2 flipping hours in that zoo while ruining all clothing below the waist.

I never knew.

That's because we become very adept at making do with whatever is around and covering up what is happening.

Why didn't you tell me?

Because most guys would run away screaming.

That's sad.

Yes, it is, but it is reality.

What did you do with your clothes?

I WASHED THEM, dipshyte. Most women have their period clothes, panties, etc., and their regular clothes. If you're really lucky, you have the right clothes on at the right time. Unfortunately, my period clothes tend to far outweigh my normal clothes. My timing has never been that good.

(good bit of pondering at this point)

I guess I'll think twice about things like this again.

Good boy. And while you're at it, don't buy Depends if a woman asks for supplies. ;)

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
Even with a dog that doesn't have the undercoat, those slicker type metal brushes are awesome at keeping the pet hair problem to a minimum. Worked iwth sweetie very well. And worked with that terrible border collie hair my bro's dog has.

Enjoy! I have never had really new furniture. I did once buy a sofa at the salvation army for $35. husband hated it because it was "pink" but it hid all the dirt and it was VERY comfortable.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
the whole seat of it was now stained black!

Donna, I think I would have asked the hostess for a gun so I could shoot myself.

O.M.G.

Suz

PS- enjoy your new furniture! Just don't let anyone sit on it who is female, of child-bearing years, and/or isn't wearing Depends. ;)

DDD

Donna, is there somewhere else in the house where you could keep the old sofa so your dogs could continue to enjoy that comfort? I have been fixing up my house for the reunion and, like you, I'm excited to see the improvements.

I'm hoping that by keeping bubblewrap on the newly cleaned furniture Ace will stay off (he hates noises) but I'm placing "his favorite" loveseat in the corner of the adjacent dining room and hoping he will be happy there.

Fingers crossed. DDD