I need a few caring people to just listen...

Steely

3shadows, I just want to send hugs.
I am so sorry your difficult child feels the need to throw his weight around, and demand things.
I am especially bent on the "2 sisters" - wow. That scenario would take a lot of forgiveness for me to not want to kill them. I think sucking it up is the right thing to do...........albeit super difficult.
Many hugs and much strength is being sent your way.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Ladies, I am no stranger to public displays of embarrassing proportions. Your fantasies about the wedding might just be on the money. I come from a sleezy family. My g'mother ruled the roost with an iron talon. Once she passed, all Hades broke loose. The clan split into warring factions, with my uncle trying to force my maiden aunt out of her parents house so he could sell it. This was not The Hundred Year War but it sure felt like it.

My aunt asked me to stay with her while she was dying of cancer. I didn't realize that Uncle Scumbag held the deed to the family plot. During her wake he told me that he refused to allow me to bury her unless I signed a promissory note stating I would be responsible for debts incurred while I had stayed with her (5 weeks). There was a huge public scene with me asking the funeral director to call the police. All her co-workers were present and ran out of the parlor. I only later learned that the funeral home was somehow mafia connected!

Uncle Scumbag was persuaded to relent. When my cousins and I walked out into the parking lot to form the funeral procession, my Irish/Polish Brooklynite cousin said out of the corners of her mouth "do you realize that if we were a connected Italian family there would be a bomb under his car?". I kid you not, Uncle S got on his hands and knees and checked the underside of his vehicle!

No insult meant to the Italians here. I fully intend to come back as an Italian woman next time around.

susiestar

Roll With It
If they harass you just leave me alone in the parking lot with their car and my purse. A little pencil lead around the spark plugs and the car won't run right until they get a mechanic with a mean streak who likes them.

Tires can be reinflated. You have to know to erase the pencil lead to make the car run right again. Takes less than 2 mins in most cars. Leaves no lasting damage. Most mechanics are so into the computers in the cars that they don't know these basics.

Course, if you REALLY want to get them, let me get some limburger. A teeny bit will do. Exhaust manifolds are noo friend of limburger haters. Liver also works well.

Much more fun than tires. To me at least. Of course a fake voodoo hex would problem have a more lasting impact, if we could all keep a straight face!

So they had best leave our 3S alone. If we all arrived posse style, WOW. That would be fun. Scary for them, maybe. But I would be sweet and charming to them!

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Fairly certain THIS group got NO ashes on their foreheads Wednesday.....

WOW. You girls KNOW HOW TO RUMBLE.

Janet.....did ya see what klmno wrote about us?;) Suppose that had sumtin ta do with my mock entrance at the CD reunion mentioning Lady Godiva on a donkey in the board room? Wooooo Hooo. I think it was Abbey that was running amock come to think of it. :tongue: