I need a me day

crazymama30

Between husband and difficult child and then easy child fighting with difficult child I am ready to go awol. Add in all the stress with applying for scholarships and the nursing program, plus finding out that difficult child's psychiatrist will be leaving and our primary care doctor has left! This doctor is for me and both kids. I am ready to scream, or just go hide.

I need to get out, to go on a hike but that is not gonna happen untill next week. I have one more scholarship to apply for, and I had to be nominated to even apply, so I have to get that done. I have to have difficult child's record transferred from current psychiatrist to another psychiatrist as the other guy will not even see me without records--difficult child is not going to this appointment. So far the psychiatrist who does not bill insurance is looking pretty good. She seems very nice.

Then easy child's cat has a huge abscess on his hind end. Usually I take care of this stuff at home, but this is beyond me. So now I get to set up a vet appointment.

I need to get away, to go away for a few hours without any of this ****.

And I have no idea who I want as a primary doctor for us. The one I wanted has a closed practice.

Wiped Out

Staff member
CM,
You deserve that "me" time. I'm sorry it doesn't look like you will get it til next week. Any way to carve out a little time for yourself today? Sending a hug and some chocolate and a glass of wine your way.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((hugs))) cm

Good luck on the scholarships........and try to catch some me time if you can, even if it's just a few mins.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sending some gentle hugs~

I hope you're able to carve out a few bits of time just for you - to do nothing at all! Sometimes just driving to a park and sitting in the car can help. Or perhaps a manicure. Or maybe a browse through the dollar store. Going to a local coffee shop and just sitting by yourself for 30 minutes. Anything to just get away from them all.

crazymama30

thank you all for your support. I really do not see it happening this week. I have to turn in the scholarship app tommorrow, and have one or two appts tommorrow, I lose track. Today I have an uber busy day at work, and then have to fit in time to take the cat to the vet and pick easy child up to go with us. husband is currently in a very stubborn depressive phase, and who knows if he will even make it to pick the kids up from school. When he gets like this his sleep sufferes so and and just cannot function.

So for today? I will, as hound dog put it, put one foot in front of the other as that is all I know to do

Tiapet

Old Hand
Ok here is an old school quick fix for some "me time", perhaps this might help? How about CALGON, take me away time? Go sit in an extended bath with a hot cup of tea (or hot chocolate or beverage of your choice). Perhaps take a book or nothing at all but a facecloth over your eyes and just sit back. Don't know but it's a thought.

I'm thinking of you and hope that it all works out and you do find some "me time".

crazymama30

Well, I home drinking irish coffee. Today I found out that easy child's cat could most likely have cancer. We cannot afford to treat it, I had to have my mom pay for the vet visit today to remove the abscess/tumor. I hate this for easy child, I can deal ok with it (yes I can, i promise) but it is one more thing. I think I will have several more irish coffees before the night is done.