I need a quiet place to runaway to.....

Andy

Anyone know of a nice very quiet noisy rock and bowl, loud party, or some place quieter than where I am now that I can run away to?

I swear, neither husband or difficult child has done ANY talking today and just can't keep quiet tonight!

:919Mad:

tiredmommy

Come out our way! Oh wait... Duckie has been following me around and talking non-stop tonight.

Let me know when you find that place. :hammer:

KTMom91

Sorry, I can't help you with quiet. If you're looking for animal antics, though, I have a houseful of likely candidates.

susiestar

Roll With It
I highly recommend ear plugs. They sell some nice ones cheap at Wally World.

Or noise canceling earphones. You can hear your mp3 player but not the outside world. There are some cheap ones online.

Andy

Thank you!

I retreated to the living room, turned up the t.v., and let them gab in the dining room.

I so wanted to yell, "SHUT UP!!!" but that would not have been a good idea.

M

ML

I remember when manster would talk nonstop and I'd try to mentally drift and the little snit would pick up that "mommy had left the room" and would say "mom, repeat back what I just said". I could have slapped him! I hope you get some quiet time tonight.

Andy

LOL ML! I know one thing that gets my dander up is when difficult child tries to pull a me on me! difficult child saying anything that sounds just like what I would say to him is a sure way of pushing my buttons.

I don't remember what the situation was not too long ago, but it ended up with difficult child stating to me, "Mom, we do listen more than you think we do." That means picking up EVERYTHING!

All quiet here now. They are both asleep.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wee built a fort in the corner of the living room with couch cushions and quilts...its still there and its empty for the day...

Andy

Timer, That would be lovely - however, as usual, work gets in the way of living. I don't mind though since I really do love my job and it is quiet there also.

Shari - Now that is the best offer ever. A child made get away! They really know how to make the best corners don't they? So, if Wee ever says he "senses" someone in there, it may just be me on a mental get away! :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Andy,

You can run away with me. I'm going to rent a van....and disappear. I think I'm going to just go see all the girls on the board. Road Trip. In between I'm going to visit National Monuments and oddities like Worlds Biggest Ball of string and other really silly things. Like Worlds biggest buffalo. Saw it from the road, now I want a picture.

When the van is full? We'll just rent another van. One will be just super quiet with wine and cheese, elevator music and the other will be bad snack food and Ozzy music.

This must be the month for men annoying women or something. Yet I announce I'm not coming home tonight and they send out the 7th Cav.

Go figure.....I also said "If you're sending horses out after me "PUT THEM IN FLIPPIN SLIPPERS."

What was that Nancy used to say ----Oh.....Silence is Golden but Duct Tape is Silver. :tongue: