Strip and say "ORRRrrrrrrrr this."

Then say "either way I wear what I have, not what you want"

Star*

call 911........call 911
If you're really brave.....you "could" say

"why yes....I wanted something to go with your outfit AND makeup"

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I have sooo said those words. So my question for you is does she have a reason she says it. I know for me it usually has something to do with he doesn't match or something simple like the wording on the tshirt is not appropriate for where we are going.

That said you could respond... Yes is that what YOUR wearing?

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Or if you have another place to sleep for the night....

"Well I wanted something that matched my impressions of your attitude."

Run Forest Run

Lothlorien

You are seriously asking us women for an answer for that question? :rofl:

I generally pick husband's clothes out for occasions. I have also drastically changed his style sense over the years from the lumberjack type to Polo shirts and nice slacks and from combat boots to slip on loafers.

My suggestion....."I guess not, have any suggestions?" :smile:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrscatinthehat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... the wording on the tshirt is not appropriate ...</div></div>

Like the kid I saw on an airplane one time? He had on a t-shirt with a single four-letter word, begins with "F", emblazoned across his chest in gigantic block capital letters.

Actually I have used the question myself, now that I think about it, to difficult child when she was heading out on a date. In her case if she'd replied "No, I'm not wearing anything" I'd have been hard-pressed to tell the difference.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I stopped asking H that question, whether it's severely wrinkled pants, a shirt with an old hotdog grease stain on it or pants that fall off his flat behind. He's the one who be getting stared at, not me!

Maybe you could just ask the same question back? And just keep asking questions? I think it's kind of rude of her to ask.

And I don't think we as wives should have to dress our H's - I mean, they should be old enough to dress themselves, iron their own shirts and pants, match their socks, etc. Jeesh! If my H wants to go out looking like that then I should let him! How else will he learn? Haha.

F

flutterbee

Well, I'm not very nice and if someone married me (God help him), then he married me for who I am and not what I wear. Same goes for who I marry....unless of course he tries to wear sandals. Men should not wear anything that shows their feet. But, I would have broken him of that long before marriage. Anyway, here's what I would say:

"Well, of course I am. Afterall, if I didn't give you something nag at me about what would you do with your day?"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If my H wants to go out looking like that then I should let him!</div></div>

That's the spirit! I mean, what is so wrong with a midriff-exposing wife-beater, below-the-paunch Bermuda shorts, and black socks and dress shoes on spindly lily-white legs, anyway?

AllStressedOut

I'm channeling Bill Engval on this one.

Your response: "Nope, thought I'd put this outfit on first so in comparison, the next one looks even better. Here's your sign."

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I think your outfit sounds rather DASHING!!! I beg husband to dress that way... the only thing that would make it better is a thong... showing of course, the Ole' whale tail sticking up and out!!!

I think your outfit and a couple of Star's suggestions and she will be grateful that you have socks on!!!

nvts

I was horsing around with husband once and said in a really exaspirated voice "oooo, you're not going to wear THAT are you?"

and he replied "uuuuuuhhhh, I guess NOT!"

we were laughing so much and having so much fun, we stayed home... :wink:

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
I was just thinking about the time that DF and I were going out to eat and he was obviously mistaking the evening for a "putt" on the bike.

I said "Is THAT what you're wearing to dinner?" and he said "NOPE - walked towards the door, and said THIS is what I'm wearing to go ride my motorcycle while YOU find something nice to say about how I dress."

-he didn't leave, but point well taken. I love him however he is dressed

Loth - he wouldn't be in the dog house - he'd be under it.

Walk away wordlessly.

Put on one of her dresses.

Walk into the room, and in your best impression of her voice, ask her "does this make me look fat?"