I need creative help!!!

tiredmommy

I have been charged with creating a simple song, poem or story for our next science club meeting at the library. Though I'm normally good at adapting new words to old pieces, I'm at a loss. We need to thank the DuPont corporation for donating an overhead projector and graciously allowing their employee, Mr Paul, the time he needs to run this monthly club. We will be learning about atoms at this next meeting and representatives from DuPont will be there. We've studied dinosaurs, volcanoes, insects, space exploration, sea life, plant life, etc. I've tried to piece something together using Hickory Dickory Dock and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star but it's not working.
I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have.

tiredmommy

I think "The Element Song" might be difficult for the littlest kids to sing... but thank you! It was a great thought!

SRL

Schoolhouse Rock has a Science Rock version. The whole songs would probably be too hard but some segments of songs such as Electricity might work.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sung to : If you're happy and you know it clap your hands

We'd like to thank you DuPont and Mr. Paul (clap clap)
We'd like to thank you DuPont and Mr. Paul (clap clap)

You know we love learning science
Thanks for the loan of this appliance (point to projector)

We'd just like to thank you Very Much (kids yell) for it all!(clap Clap)

Second verse:

With children holding up cut out on paint sticks - and the kids parade around in a circle with: dinosaurs, plants, trees, or whatever you've learned about from them.

We'd like to thank you for teaching us so much (clap clap)
We'd like to thank you for teaching us so much (clap clap)

When we learn about our world
It makes our mouth ends curllllllllll (everyone show big smile)

So We'd like to than you DuPont very much! (CLAP CLAP)

-A friend of mine used to babysit for the DuPont girls. They are really lovely people.

susiestar

Roll With It
Star,

You are a constant source of amazement. I was going to suggest looking up some Magic Schoolbus episodes for ideas.

by the way, as you are doing science, and math is part of that, have you seen CyberChase?

It is a cool kids show with a math concept. The kids go into cyberspace to help Motherboard against evils such as Hacker. It has my 8 yo doing math that schools don't teach until much later, and on a practical, applied basis!!

It is out on video if your local PBS station does not carry it!

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
You're welcome!

After thought - for kids not holding up cut outs of dinosaurs they get to make a cut out of a smile and hold it up in front of their faces when they say it makes their mouth ends curl - and sorta drag it out

That way all the kids get to hold up a cut out!

(I want to hold up the one with the star) lol. NOT the asteroid - I know OH SO TOO MUCH about that from StarDude

(blush) amazing!?? Thank you. :bag: