I need Excel help please

ctmom05

<span style='font-family: Courier New'>I have limited tech skills with various computer programs, but feel I can accomplish a lot with self-teaching and practice.

The tech issue I am currently working with has to do with Microsoft Excel. I have a multi workbook and need to create links, from cells on one page to cells on another.

Is there anyone hanging about who has the patience to instant message with me and walk me thru this task?

I generally use Yahoo, if anyone wants to give this a whack :smile: </span>

F

flutterbee

It's very easy.

In the cell, type = then click on the cell you are wanting to link to, then hit enter. To do a formula like this cell + this cell= just type = click on the cell, type +, then click on the other cell and hit enter.

I haven't downloaded yahoo on this computer, yet, but if you need more let me know and I will and you can hit me up there.

ctmom05

<span style='font-family: Courier New'> From time to time, the kindness of others amazes me.

Wyntersgrace spent well over an hour online with me, walking me thru the steps necessary to nail down the technical principles of creating links within a Microsoft Excel workbook.

I am no techno wizard, and I am sure that this little session demanded a great deal of patience on Wynters part.

By the time we were done, I had learned enough to keep going on my own. I appreciate this gesture of kindness from a virtual stranger tremendously.</span>

Star*

call 911........call 911
I read it and thought it said - I need EXCELlent help -

Well I see you got it!

WAY TO GO WYNTER!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Way To Go! wynter.
Chris, I agree that given a chance people are amazingly generous.

When you are kind to others, it not only changes you, it changes the world.

Harold Kushner

:bravo:

F

flutterbee

Chris -

It was really my pleasure to help. You reached out to me when I first joined. Besides, I learned something new last night, too. Now, I have yet another skill in excel to tuck away for future use. :smile:

If you need anything more, let me know. I enjoy computer stuff. If I don't know it, I can usually figure it out.

I'm glad we were able to get it to work for you.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I am a techno-bozo with those kinds of things so it helps to know who to tap when I need it. Nice job, Heather. :thumb:

Suz

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Glad you got the help you needed, and just want to share one of my mantras with you:

"Excel is Your Friend" :bow:

husband lives in Excel, uses it for everything! I use it alot too, and he's a great help when I get stuck on something. As I've continued to learn and explore, I've found there's almost nothing Excel can't do!!

Nice teamwork, gals, gave me a grin this morning.

Peace