I need GRANDMA HELP -and buying help - and ......what do you call that thing? Help

L

Liahona

We are really poor with lots of kids. What I ask for is diapers; any size. Babies do tend to grow out of size 1 diapers very fast though. Wet wipes are good to, but you can make your own out of paper towels for cheaper. We get our clothes from hand-me-downs from other families or thrift stores. Most people now days only have a few kids. Their kids outgrow the baby clothes before they wear out. The baby clothes at the thrift stores are either brand new or almost new. What I don't get second hand are car seats. We have the big kind that stay in the van. (We have a huge van.) Yes, its a pain when the kid is asleep and I have to wake them up to get them in the house. We feel they are safer though. And we don't have the money to get more than 1 seat per child. difficult child 1 had the kind that the base stayed in the car. He did sleep in it better than his bed because of reflux. For beds we got an Amby. Then when they grow out of that they sleep in a playpen. When they grow out of that they get a twin bed. husband got fed up with cribs after 2 kids. We didn't expect or want anyone else to get the big items for us. I knew what I wanted for my kids. We used our tax return money to get the expensive stuff. I also got a stroller that can hold 3 kids of different sizes at a time. I know that most other people aren't going to need that though. It was a life saver to me because of difficult child 2 and difficult child 3's running issues. Now that they don't run as much I use an umbrella stroller. For really small babies I use a baby carrier that I think my mom had when I was little.

Have fun.

DammitJanet

lia...no one gave me a darned thing. Tony and I bought everything we ever had for our kids ourselves. Well I take that back. My mom bought a crib when I had Billy but that was after his father and I split and Billy and I were spending more time with her. As far as the younger two. Nothing. She gave away the crib so that we couldnt use it. My dad sent us one little outfit for each of them.

L

Liahona

Sorry you were so alone Janet. You are such a giving and wonderful person. I wish you had it easier.

DammitJanet

Its okay...its what makes me want to help my kids so much I think. I have so much fun buying the stuff I didnt have back then.

DammitJanet

Omgosh....cute clothes for baby girls! I was in 7th heaven buying those...lmao

I dont think Keyana wore anything other than pink until she was at least 2!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Clothes are nice but... They get spit up on, pood and peed on... I like thrift stores, you can get a TON of stuff for a quarter each!