I need some support for me!

Tiredof33

OMG bby,
My difficult child is 33 and I still have hope!! Life with an addict is a nightmare! I'm so glad you are strong enough to fight it. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate but you do have a family that loves you.

Some mornings I have to make myself get out of bed, but as soon as I get moving I can detach better and I stay involved in as much as I can to help keep my mind off my problems.

I have to accept the fact that he may always be like this, but I have a life too. I'm so happy for your family that you realize the pills affect them too. Plus you have a lovely grandson!!!

The hardest thing for me to accept is that I have ZERO control over what happens in life. I'm better at it but I struugle with letting go and turning things over to a higher power.

For us all it's one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time!!

I think for so many of us here (maybe all) we are all so HAPPY to see someone actually realizing they have a problem and seeking help!!! So many of our difficult child's seem to think there is no problem, even when their family and friends are drifting away!!!!

(((blessings to us all)))

DDD

I'm glad you are going to call for support. As much as we all want to help I really think sharing with others who have been there done that will be alot more beneficial. Fingers crossed. DDD

Nancy

You are doing good bby, you are fighting this. Please stay strong. It's good to keep busy. We are all behind you sending our strength.

Nancy

Bby: You can do it, one day at a time, one minute at a time, even one second at a time. You are incredibly strong to quit all on your own. I hope you can find a support group near you, either NA or AA. I think that AA had support groups over the phone too. I'm not sure of the website, but you can google AA phone support groups for more info.

Please check in here and let us know
How you are doing now. We are sending you cyber strength for your recovery. HUGS...

buddy

Just stopping by to check in on you. I do remember it was hard to relax and sleep when I didn't have it before I stopped taking it. What helped me was a heating pad on my back.... hot baths (I even slept in the tub), and benadryl at night for help sleeping. I can't take aleve but maybe you can??

Keep fighting the urge to get one from someone...you never know if it is the real thing or what consequences might happen. If this is too hard is there any way to go to a doctor and ask to get something to help with withdrawal?

Wishing we could go for a walk or play cards or something.... I would be willing to play something on line if you know of anything.... just let me know. My son's rx finally came thru so will be running out but will check back later... if you need to distract yourself later in the evening I do check sometimes during the night too....

bby31288

I'm ok! It's 4:55. I took a short nap. DDD I called the number you gave me. A volunteer will call me back. I'm feeling stronger now then I did this morning. husband will be home soon and he is a good distraction. We will talk and watch tv. At night I can take an ambien. That helps me at least sleep. My legs are not hurting as badly.

vligrl

BBY...I have witnesses withdrawal up close and personal of Oxy and other pain pills like Daulidid (?) Does your Dr. know you decided to quit cold turkey? That isn't usually something they suggest but I know my husband did the same thing because to quit slowly means taking other drugs to counter act the withdrawls. Very bad flu like symptoms for up to two weeks followed by sheer exhaustion. Lots of water sweetie...eat mild food when you can and rest, rest, rest. You might want it on your medical record that no one should ever prescribe this stuff to you again. I have been with my husband for 21 years and he never had a drug problem until Oxy and Dauladid came along. Three cold turkey's later, he is finally in a rehab group (outpatient) that meets 3x a week and tests your urine every Monday. If clean, you continue, if not, you're out until you test clean again. Hope you feel better soon and stay strong.

bby31288

I did not tell anyone but you guys. My sister knows a little. I am ashamed to tell my dr but you are correct. I need it on my file no narcotics. I guess I will have to tell her. I guess saying it out loud and having it recorded somewhere scares me so much.

DDD

Rats. I wrote a post and it disappeared. So, lol, in case this indicates that either my computer or I are faulty tonight I'm just checking in to say I care, I'm thinking and praying for you AND I really believe you CAN do it. Also glad you called the number and will be able to talk to someone who is informed. Hugs. DDD

wantpeace

Don't be ashamed. No one is immune to the grip of addiction. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Hang in there and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Hugs,
wantpeace

vligrl

I did not tell anyone but you guys. My sister knows a little. I am ashamed to tell my dr but you are correct. I need it on my file no narcotics. I guess I will have to tell her. I guess saying it out loud and having it recorded somewhere scares me so much.

Please call her. I called my husband's Dr. in case he didn't to let her know what he had been up to hoping she understood how she can't prescribe this stuff anymore. My husband said he hopes you call while you feel ill so you remember why you need to stay off. If you wait till you feel well, you may feel it isn't necessary to make that call. No one more important to tell than the Dr. that prescribed the drugs to you. Good luck sweetie. Hugs.

InsaneCdn

Remember that you didn't ask to go down this road. You were given the medication for a legitimate medical need. They can't tell who will or will not become addicted... and you didn't know, either.

The important thing is to get your feet under you... and protect yourself from future problems by telling the doctor. Really, it's no different than having a "drug allergy" on your record. You can't tolerate these medications.

DDD

Morninng. You hanging in there? Did you get through the night? I have my fingers crossed that you check in this morning. Sending supportive thoughts and hugs your way. Give an update when you can....good or bad...we're on your side. DDD

buddy

Hi! checking in on you....hoping you got some sleep and you can check another day off. If you are feeling really ill please go to your doctor and I promise they will not be surprised. You are trying to get off and they will be supportive of that. They will WANT to help you. They know that this can hit people like this so please do not feel you need to suffer alone. You deserve love and care and support.

HUGS!!!! Will be checking in often to see how you are......

bby31288

Good morning all. Thank you do much for your support. I am on day 5. Spoke again this morning with a NA person. They are helping me find a meeting in my area. But the volunteers are always available by phone. On my list today is 1 make it thru the day and 2 call my dr. The night went so much more smoother than yesterday. I think about 2:00 was the worst time. Today I am also at my moms waiting for a furniture delivery. I am glad for the quiet. It is always very hectic at my house. If I feel like crying I can just do it without trying to hide it. Showers help a lot. The NA volunteer is helping me figure out a way to talk to my husband. If I didn't feel comfortable coming here yesterday I am sure I would have caved. Thank you all so much.