I need suggestions!

tiredmommy

Help! I'll be volunteering at Girl Scout day camp for a week this summer and I need a "camp name". I've been strongly advised to choose my own name rather than have it assigned by the campers, lol!. :winks: So I'm looking to my fellow board members for suggestions. The biggest criteria is that it be a clean name (no innuendo, please!). Any ideas?:picnic: TIA!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sacajawea would be my choice.....throw in a little history lesson about Lewis and Clark exploration and the part the Shoshone Indian Sacajawea played. Could even give out a couple of $ coins with her image as prizes for whatever you wanted.....
Is this a name for YOU or the group?
Is there a theme for the camp? And how old are the Girl Scouts? Okay, I'll stop with all the questions.....have fun at camp!

4sumrzn

Oh...I'm sorry, I'm not very creative in that area. Very interested in seeing what others suggest though......I'm sure you will get quite a few good ones!

Lothlorien

Pocahontas.

Daisy (after the lady who started the Girl Scouts)

Susan B. Anthony

Harriet Tubman

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Eleanore Roosevelt

Can you see my theme here?

KTMom91

You're hanging out with a bunch of drama queen brownies...Chocolate Elf-Mama and the Hershey Kisses? Cocoa Queen and the Chocolate Chips? Director Daisy DeMille and the Kit Kats?

tiredmommy

Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping to go with something humorous, as I'm kind of a big kid at heart. I had thought maybe Pippi since I thought I was the strongest girl in the world growing up... Maybe something commenting on my love of chocolate and caffeine. Or maybe just Sleepy, because that is what I am, lol!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well - If you are taking a bunch of little drama queens out in the woods to camp and have a good time I think that qualifies you as the leader of women's suffrage.

The first leader of the women's suffrage in the US was a woman named Carrie Catt. She was responsible also for the 19th amendment (giving all the right to vote even women)

You could be Catt - and the kittens.

Since you are obvioulsy full or more energy than anyone here realizes - you could be

N. Ergy - and the wild child tribe.

Speaking of Tribe -

Here are the Blackfoot Native American words for animals -

You could be the tribe elder......and they could all have/learn Native American words and each pick an animal - you could even have a celebration as you gave each child their "token" totem or maybe a picture of each animal on a string with the Native word written under so they could learn it? Since it's just for fun - you could put them in a hat and let each child pick.

I picked strong animals - and not so easy in Algonquin to pronounce - so good luck.

Dog - omitaa
Horse - ponokaomitaa
Buffalo - iinii
Elk - ponoka'
Wolf - omahkapi'si
Bear - kia'a'yo
Lynx - nata'yo
Owl - sipistoo
Turtle - sspopii
Bee - naamo'o'
Mouse - kaanaisskiinaa
Rabbit - aaattsistaa

If you're going for Brownies - did you know that the first president of the Girl Guides was galled Agnes Baden Powell? She originally called them Girl Guides, then Rosebuds, then Brownies.

You could all pick names of beautiful roses.

Or Norse Goddesses

Hera, etc.

Or names of Trees - and then as you walk through the woods - identify each girl and take a picture next to "her" tree.
Since you are strong - you could be the MIGHTY OAK. You could teach them about how oak trees don't loose their leaves in the fall like everyone thinks (maybe that's just here I forget) but they are forced off in the Spring by new buds. That a dogwood tree's leaves are the strongest leaves and then take a leaf and very carefully pull it apart - it will have strands of fiber to keep it together. About the Catalpa trees and their "Cigars" etc.

If you're going for chocolate -

I'd go with Miss Kissy (After hershey kiss) and then each girl pick a name of a candybar to be.....baby ruth, zagnut, Mrs. goodbar, Reese cup, M&M, etc.

Happy Camping !

Happy Camper and the itchy brownies. (that sounds about right) if you're teaching them about the flora and fauna - do NOT let them touch poison ivy - but DO teach them that Virginia Creeper is a good look-alike plant.

OMG to have a group of kids again in the woods that would be interested about bugs and stuff - I should have been a forest ranger. lol

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Drama Queen theme? Okay, no offense, but who picked this? Brownies just ain't what they used to be........maybe I'm just an old stick in the mud........ Wasn't there some movie with Goldie Hawn about being a camp counselor to drama queens? Ah, give me the good old days when we made situpons, and woodburned name badges with magnifying glass.......

tiredmommy

Duckie gave me an idea today: Bubbles. The thought being that I remind her of Mr. Bubbles from Lilo & Stitch. He's the big, very serious, government agent. :rofl: