I need to be shot in the forhead ......

Andy

to get difficult child to listen?

O.K., My kids don't usually obey me when I tell them to leave the room but this time difficult child did.

I am sitting on the couch with the laptop and talking to the neighbor girl when difficult child came in the room and picked up his nerf gun. He aimed the gun at me and shot me smack dab in the middle of the forhead.

OUCH!!!! WHAT????? "GET OUT OF HERE!"

"I am sorry, I was aiming at the laptop"(in a very meak it-doesn't-matter-what-I-say-Mom-is-justifiably-angry tone). More out of habit - I could tell that he was shocked.

Oh yeah! Do I feel a talk coming on when he is allowed back in my presence.

"Just get out of here. I don't want to see you!" He can't get out of the room fast enough?

It truly was an accident but it will be used as a "See what I mean about pointing weapons at people? They will go off even if you don't want them to and you will hurt or even kill someone."

F

flutterbee

Ok, I can't help it..... :rofl:

If I'da been there, I would have been rolling. Right smack in the middle of the forehead!!! :rofl:

Ok. Ok. I'll stop. *snicker*

No wonder my kids don't take me seriously. I'm a bad influence.

But, I know what you mean. Devon and the boy I used to refer to as GFGII (because he was like one of my own) had me really mad one day. I was walking down the asphalt driveway that was on a bit of a hill and my clogs had no traction. It was DRY pavement, but one leg went one way and the other the opposite and down I went. And it hurt. Plus, it was rather embarrassing. GFGII started to laugh at me and I was so busy being so angry at them that him laughing - even though it was funny - just sent me over the edge and I told him he needed to go home right now...although, I don't think I said it so nicely.

But, that has nothing to do with a weapon. The paintball guns are the ones I was so cautious about. Those suckers hurt at close range. It's amazing how fast those boys can run when they've accidentally shot you. And they scream like girls when you catch them.

Just ignore me. I'm off today.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
geesh and I was gonna ask you to shoot me 1st b4 you go, sigh............but not with a nerf dart :O(

hexemaus2

Old hand
OMG!! I almost p'd my pants laughing when I realized the story behind the headline!

So THAT's what I've been doing wrong with my difficult children!!

We had a conversation here last year about paint ball guns. The boys were begging and pleading to have their own guns. (My boyfriend and I have a set that we play with out on his property.) So, being the smartie-pants Mom that I am, I took them shopping at Academy Sports.

We get back to the paint ball section and they start gaulking at the guns. I told them they could pick out the guns they wanted while I went browsing around for accessories. When they came to find me, I was holding the biggest gun in the store, with an automatically-fed hopper system (for an almost unlimited supply of paint balls, which load into the hopper automatically) a vest, and a new mask for me. The boys looked at the gun, the new safety gear, and the auto feeder and got 9 kinds of excited.

Oh Mom! How cool is that set up! Which one of us are those for??

Me.

Huh?? You??

Yes. Me. YOU only have your last month's worth of allowance to spend on a gun. I, however, have this entire week's paycheck to play with. I want to make sure I have all the gear I need for a good match with you guys this weekend.

The boys looked at their little guns, with their 250-shot hoppers, and no protective gear...then back at my pile of equipment and fire power...then back at their guns.

difficult child 3 finally says "um, Mom. I think I want to wait and save a little more allowance before I get anything."

:bow::capitulate:

Hee hee hee hee hee!

Andy

:rofl:

Wyntersgrace - "scream like girls when you catch them." I think I need to work harder on catching him! :) I am dreading the paintballs but difficult child mentioned them today so I think we are heading that way! YIKES

Amaze - We can shoot each other! The neighbor boy gave difficult child a set of two nerf guns with vests that they wear to shoot at each other. We find nerf darts all over the house and yard. Guess they either miss alot or the darts fall off the vests? :)

Hex - You are one smart warrior mom - what a lesson! Good thinking. My difficult child said neighbor boy wants a paintball party (I think there are places kids can to to actually pay to shoot each other with paintguns). I told him it would hurt and he replied, "Not if you buy the $100 safety outfit." I am going to work REALLY hard to put this one off as long as possible.

GCVMOM and Wiped Out - Thank you! I think this should work. I hope it does.