I need your best fudge recipe

Steely

I have never made fudge before - that I remember - but I need to make some as fudge for potential pet care customers for my business.
Would you mind sharing whatever recipe you use that works and is easy?
Thanks
:cool_dog:

Last edited:

klmno

I was going to 'borrow' whatever answers you got. LOL! difficult child made a lesser quality type once when he was about 11yo- he did a good job but the recipe was way too sweet.

InsaneCdn

Steely...
I haven't made fudge in over 20 years (i.e. back when I was single)

daughter has made me promise that I will teach her how to do it... over the holidays.
Therefore, by Jan 4, I will have dusted off. tried it out, and if it works... THEN I can share.
Its just that I have 3 or 4 recipes, and only one is "easy", and I have NO idea which one that is!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
1 tablespoon butter, 1 bag chocolate chips, 2 handfuls mini marshmallows, and a can of sweetened condensed milk.

Melt butter, condensed milk & chips over low heat until smooth. Stir in marshmallows until well mixed and smooth. Pour in wax-paper lined pan, let cool, turn out, peel off paper & cut.

VERY yummy. You can also add crushed candy canes or nuts...

SRL

I have three fudge recipes for you--all different. Be sure to use real butter and fresh nuts. Line the pan with foil and butter it. Be patient when you're cooking fudge--avoid sudden temperature changes and it will turn out better for you.

Coffeshop Fudge is a microwave fudge--it's the easiest and is very reliable as it's a microwave recipe. It's a bit different since it has cinnamon and coffee flavors. If you're looking for foolproof this type of microwave recipe would be best.
Coffee Shop Fudge Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

This makes a nice fudge that's not as dense as some of the traditional recipes.
Momma Reiner's Chocolate Fudge - Martha Stewart Recipes

This is a typical fudge recipe--very yummy.

Best Ever Chocolate Fudge

1 cup butter (2 sticks)
4 ½ cups sugar
1- 7 ounce jar marshmallow cream (about 2 cups)
1-13 ounce can evaporated milk
1-12 ounce package milk chocolate chips
1-12 ounce package semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped nuts, optional

Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil and butter bottom and sides. I use my pressure cooker pan or nonstick soup pot for this recipe.

Open chocolate chip packages and have nearby to pour in at the end.

Place butter, sugar and marshmallow cream in a large heavy saucepan. Turn the heat on medium and allow butter to melt without stirring. Wipe sugar crystals from sides of pan using a paper towel wrapped around a spoon handle. Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Be patient—it takes awhile for it to boil. If the temperature doesn't seem to be rising (check with a candy thermometer) increase the temperature a bit—don't make any sudden temperature changes. Keep the mixture at a fairly low boil all the time. A saucepan will be almost full with the cooking mixture.

Remove from heat. Quickly add chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Stir until chocolate is melted and blended into the mixture.

Quickly pour fudge into the pan. The trick to getting a pretty surface on top is to only pour the amount of fudge that pours out on its own. Don't scrape the sides with a scraper as it will already have started to seize up. Don't smooth out the surface as you will disturb it.

Scrape the sides of the saucepan and do a taste test. J

Last edited:

donna723

Five-Minute Fudge Wreath Recipe : Rachael Ray : Food Network

This is Rachel Ray's recipe that basically uses just chocolate and butterscotch chips and a can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk. It's very easy to make and it's DELICIOUS! There are a few other variations included too. The instructions are for how to make a pretty holiday wreath shape out of it but you can also just make it in a pan and cut it in to squares too. For the wreath shape you just cover the condensed milk can with plastic wrap, put it in to the middle of a round cake pan, then press the fudge mixture in to the pan around the can. You can mix anything you want to in with it. If I make it again, I'd probably use more chocolate chips and less of the butterscotch ... but that's just me. It's very good and you don't even really cook it, you just melt the chocolate and stir the rest of the ingredients in to it.