I never actually said

klmno

that I wanted difficult child, the dogs, and I to move to HI the end of Feb,. did I?? LOL! The Lord works in mysterious ways.

My heart goes out to those in Chili, in HI, and other nearby islands.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Amazing that we can know enough to be prepared and evacuate then watch it live on TV.

The earthquake in Chile is another mess. My heart goes out to those who are trapped.

klmno, as far as I can tell, every area in the world has some sort of natural disaster. I still take tsunami and hurricane over the suddeness of an earthquake if I have a choice. I like having 12hrs to evacuate.

DammitJanet

From what I just read online, it appears the current waves and the expected waves are not that severe. Lets hope that continues.

klmno

I gather the threat of it is gone now- that's good. I was visualing what happened in Indonesia (I think I have the right place), which would have been horrible enough even without the people who were killed.

KTMom91

I can't even imagine a magnitude 8.8 earthquake. San Francisco in 1906 was determined to be anywhere from 7.7 to 8.3.

klmno

Yeah- that earthquake was a different story. I'm surprised (although glad) that more people didn't get killed because of it.

witzend

Luckily this earthquake happened in an area that was more affluent than Haiti, and there won't be as many deaths due to better building practices. Remember this the next time you have to pay a small building inspector fee.