I read toay about a Topamax recall

DDD

We've never had that medication but I think some of the family has referenced it in prior posts. Thought I would just share that perhaps it is something to check out. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh cr9ppy poogh= no! Not again. This is the ONLy stuff that works on my migraines. The last recall nearly killed me. I'd almost rather take a chance on tainted medicine. Not kidding. Thanks for the heads up. I'm rushing out now to refill before they pull it. Aaaaaaaghrrrrrrrr

Star*

call 911........call 911
Too late - they are out. JUST dandy. http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/14/news/companies/topamax_recall_johnson/index.htm

I swear I would so rather have upset stomach than skull splitting headache. And the generics they offer DO.NOT. WORK. The only generic that DID work has been baned by the FDA from Ecitobocoke canada (not spelled right) and is STILL not allowed back in the US. I told the pharmacist I didn't care how bad it stunk - the inside of my commode smelled worse -she failed to find the humor. OBVIOUSLY hasn't had to have a migraine. Just kept saying 'sorry' sorry' I know - UGH.

slsh

member since 1999
Thanks so much for posting this - I had missed the recall. Fired off email to bulk pharmacy to see if they sent affected lots to Boo. Sigh... if it's not one thing, it's another.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I've tried the generics. Sadly they are missing 'something' some inert ingredient and the only one I've trialed that worked was made in Canada. That was great until the FDA banned them. We've waited until I was going back to the ER for shots and using Relpax more than you're suposed to to help stave off headaches. Finally Johnson and Johnson allowed me to get the brand through their patient assistant program after my doctor wrote them a letter and we submitted hospital bills showing morphine and delauded coctails with super high blood pressure and crippling migraines.

I hope they get this stuff straightened out soon. I really am serious that I would rather be sick to my stomach and throwing up, than have a migraine like I get. I'd take that chance. Lol - if it ain't one thing its another. lol

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Scared me. Youngest uses the generic, or I'd be worried. She takes this for seizures, and it's the only medication that works well enough to control them.

DammitJanet

whew...scared me too. Star. Sorry for you but glad its only the name brand. I am out as of tonite of my medications and have to go tomorrow and refill my medications and topamax is one of my biggies.

I am furious with insurance right now though. I have huge issues with AP's and they just came out with a new one in February that doctor wanted to trial me on. Supposed to be really safe. I tried the saphris but it is so nasty tasting cause you have to desolve it in your mouth and cant eat or drink anything for 10 minutes afterwards. So doctor rx'd me this new one that just came out that is supposed to be so good but insurance refuses to allow me to get it. Im so mad! Now I am not sleeping cause my ambien isnt working well and no new AP. Sigh.