I REALLY hate answering the phone and hearing he Principal's voice

Chaosuncontained

Well, it seems that yesterday he spit in a kids desk chair. Ms S made him clean it up. (I didn't hear about it yesterday).

Today, he had his library book (he LOVES to read) taken away because he was refusing to do work. Ms M said he then crawled behind the sofa in her classroom and it took a lot of coaxing to get him to come out.

Then, today, he went back to Ms S's class. Where she told him that he would be sitting away from the rest of the class today for spitting in the kids chair yesterday. He lost control. Threw his books down and "shot the finger" at the teacher.

Sigh.

Another discipline report to add to my folder/file.

buddy

These are the kinds of discipline mistakes (in my humble opinion) that really annoy me. When we have an explosive, anxious child...who has a hard time shifting thoughts, why would they provoke him a day after something happens. They needed to deal with it at that moment beause now there is consequences for the consequences. It is just the most crazy thing to me.

This doesn't even follow best practices in any way shape or form.

Maybe it works for your son, but I just dont get it. He could have still had a consequence but not in a way that would ignite another situation. I feel badly for him. sorry you had to get that call, it is just the worst feeling.

TerryJ2

Oh dear! I am so sorry.
I agree with-Buddy, they didn't handle it well. It was a shock to him and out of context. He didn't "get it" and went ballistic. No, he didn't hit anyone, but it's the same end result.
I would have a mtng and explain it to them. Again.
And again.

Chaosuncontained

I sat quietly listening to him drone on... and then I said "SO, let me see if I have this right... Yesterday he spit in someones chair and he was made to clean it up. He recieved no other "punishment" that day. And I wasn't notified. Then TODAY, he walks into class and is told of another punishment that he had no idea was coming? Yeah, just wanted to make sure I understood all that."

When you poke a bear you might get bit. Don't poke the bear!

L

Liahona

good luck. Getting adults all on the same page with the difficult children is harder then managing difficult child behavior.

B

Bunny

When a child does something wrong you're supposed to give them consequences at that moment. Not the next day. Heck, that's basic parenting for ALL kids, not just difficult child kids.

Chaosuncontained

When a child does something wrong you're supposed to give them consequences at that moment. Not the next day. Heck, that's basic parenting for ALL kids, not just difficult child kids.

I agree 100%. I mean, see, he didn't call her a "8itch" like he did the last teacher... he learned *that* lesson. LOL He just flipped this one off.