I shouldn't be allowed to leave home alone....

F

flutterbee

So, I thought I'd share a recent experience so you can laugh at me...or with me.

Last Thursday, I had PT scheduled at 4pm. difficult child's tutor was supposed to be here at 9am. The tutor emailed Wed night to cancel and I somehow got it into my head that I didn't have PT then either. I have no idea how I made that connection, but I did and I was making plans. And it wasn't until mid-day on Thursday that I realized that I did still, in fact, have PT.

At that point, easy child decides he's driving me even though it's only 2/10 of a mile away. Smart kid, huh. LOL I walk all the way through the hospital to the back elevator, get in and push the button. Nothing happens. Of course, it took me a good 30 seconds to realize that the elevator wasn't moving. So, I pushed the button again. And again. THEN, I realized I was pushing 1 and I had gotten on the elevator on the first floor. Sigh...... :rofl:

I'm soooo glad I hadn't hit the Call button yet. That was going to be my next step. Wouldn't that have been embarrassing. :bag: :rofl:

meowbunny

been there done that too many times to laugh at someone else in the same plight. But I did smile (does that count?). At least you do things like the elevator button when you're by yourself. I do it in front of the man I will be having a job interview with in 5 minutes. Guess who didn't get the job? Can't understand why, can you?

But hugs having a day like that. Just remember that you're human and things lke that happen even when not in chronic pain and taking stupid medications (not that the medications are stupid, they just make you feel stupid).

HUGS

nvts

If you had hit the call button, I would have blamed it on the kid that ran in, hit the buttons and ran out!

Good story!

Beth

TerryJ2

My entire life needs a Call Button! been there done that!
I know exactly how that happens--you cancel one appointment and assume it encompasses all the others. Way too easy to do.
My husband is always after me to buy a DayTimer, but I'd just lose the whole notebook.
You have my deepest sympathies--and empathy.

:laugh:

trinityroyal

:sheepish:Oh Heather, I've been there done that too.

My usual MO is to walk out the front door, unlock my truck using the remote, and then turn around and point the remote at the house, press the button, and then wonder why the front door isn't locked.