I started Chantix today!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Wish me luck, please. I am not a heavy smoker by any means, maybe 2 packs a week, but still, I've tried quitting to no avail. And with difficult child back in the house, it will only get worse and I am beginning to have trouble breathing.

Thanks.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Good luck it is a hard battle but when you need support just ask for it. been there done that. Slip ups do happen also so don't beat yourself up if they happen.

Good Luck.

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
I (chuckle at being so sight impaired) thought you said

I started CHANTING today.

And I was going to ask..."DOES IT WORK?"

ohm manny padme ohhhhhhhm.....

GOOD LUCK SMOKEY - praying all your cigarettes taste like dog turds.

Hugs
Star

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">praying all your cigarettes taste like dog turds. </div></div>

:rofl: Star you're too much. And after about 2 weeks they WILL taste like dog turds. :rofl:

Jo, wishing you all the luck! Just stick with it and don't put any pressure on yourself. Everyone has their own pace.

Hugs

DammitJanet

Jamie just quit with Chantix too.

He is supposed to be sending me his leftovers while I wait to get the approval from the insurance company to go through so I can get my own supply.

I am determined to quit too someday soon. Maybe before Christmas I will be smoke free too.

Good luck...Jamie said he noticed that he really didnt even notice that he had tried to quit. It just happened.

Sometimes, I scroll through the posts too fast.

What happens is I get bits and pieces of a post and bits and pieces of another post and I form in my mind quickly what I think they meant. Then I fall off my chair, because DUDE, there is no way I just read that.

I then go back and re-read the posts, and I call myself a chucklehead, because I just didn't read them carefully enough.

Like, just now for example.

I read "taste like dog turds" in Daisylover's post.

Then I read "Jamie is going to send me his leftovers" in Dammit Janet's post.

What I put together in my mind is, Janet wants Jamie's leftover dog turds.

KFld

I've heard it's a miracle worker. My mom quit when she took it, but unfortuntley she didn't start it until just a few months before she passed.

Take it now while you are still young enough to enjoy the rest of the wonderful life you have ahead of you.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am very optimistic and hopeful. I wish difficult child would do it also. In fact, I'm using her script that she never ever touched.

Believe it or not, I'm more worried about my easy child finding out what a smoker I've become! She comes home on Sunday and I will have to go into hiding if I still have the urge. Yikes! I"m cutting it close, but I had to get clearance from my DR before starting the Chantix.

Thanks for all the well wishes!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad you are giving it a go. My aunt smoked for almost 50 years and she said she jsut didn't want any with the Chantix. Said it has been amiracle for her and her husband.

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet has had ENOUGH turds in her life....I am POSITIVE she wouldn't want any leftovers.

And I thought I was site impaired. :smile: :nonono:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Not to change the subject but ..........chucklehead????? :rofl:
I haven't heard that term since grade school.
Big Bad Kitty, thanks for the laugh. You chucklehead you!