I stayed grounded!

JJJ

Tigger was so proud of himself. He got grounded this morning for refusing to take his medications for 3 hours and throwing a Tostito at me. He cried, he took his medications and fell asleep. When he woke up we talked about how it is important to take his medicine and that he is not allow to throw things. He did not try and escape his punishment. Even when one of his friends came to the door, Tigger told him "I can't play today I'm grounded."

Just before bedtime Tigger said "I'm proud of myself. I stayed grounded." (meaning he didn't run away or get any additional consequences).

While a parent of a easy child may never understand what a huge accomplishment it is for him to accept a punishment and serve his time, I knew you would get it :beautifulthing:

crazymama30

That is great, I say as I am almost laughing. I do understand, I understand all to well, but at the same time it does sound odd.

Can he come teach my difficult child how to be grounded?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wow, what a great lightbulb moment for him! Maybe he can be reminded of how well he handled this the next time he starts to melt down?