I swear my head is falling off.........Update

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Ok so they didn't re-evaluation they just watched him for a few days and now I get a call saying we can come and get him and take him back to his Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

He was in total honeymoon mode. He had a 1:1 shadow he whole time he is been there. We are going to pick him up at 3. So then we can meet with the docs. I asked the one on the phone why no evaluation. She says we were just making sure there was no more suicidal ideation. :rolleyes:

For pete's sake. He just had himself a lovely vacation. DHS and the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) decided he didn't need to be there.

I could spit. Foul language is flying around my house. Mostly me yelling at the wall because it I think I might get a better response from than all of these stinken people.

Not sure what to do but I guess getting dressed and getting husband moving are the next steps.

Anyone got any duck tape to hold my head on? :grrr:

Beth

Steely

GRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:
Sending you a case of duct tape............and many positive vibes to get through this day. I am SO sorry!

busywend

Must be difficult to be at their mercy. But, your household is still safe. They have deemed him safe. Those are both good things.

Star*

call 911........call 911
EEEEEEEEEepoxy you say!!!

(censored) people at the (censored) place did a (censored, censored) job of (censored) difficult child believe he's (censored) okay?

<span style="color: #FF0000">
<span style='font-size: 20pt'>(CENSORED)</span> </span> :thumbsdown:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well I feel like I have done battle.

As we got in the car our lawyer called. We discussed a bit of what has been going on. I need to make a list for him so he can know what to say in court next week about all of this. I love doing all the jobs for everyone. Then the dhs worker called us back. I ended up handing the phone to husband as I got so po'd I could only speak in one word at a time. I was making comments ( I know I wasn't being helpful but I was in my own rage and darn if I could control myself. I had just been told even in an emergency I couldn't sign my own kid into the hospital.) so she hung up on husband saying until I lost my attitude she wouldn't talk to us.

Now I am not saying I was being the brightest but I have a hard time when we have done nothing wrong and we can't even make decisions for our kids. Every piece of paper of paper, every report says we are so involved and the most involved but we can't sign anything for our kids. Or they won't get funding for the Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

I finally calmed down and had husband call our dhs worker back. I had given him a list of things to ask. Like first why we weren't having him reevalled etc. He did and asked all the things I wanted to know. She said she would do some checking. By the time we got to the hospital she called back. She said if we could set it up to do so for the evaluation.

Met with social worker and one of the residents. Discussed difficult child 2 a lot. Social worker gave us the info for the referral for the evaluation. I asked what things would be involved and kept requesting things and she kjept writing what I down. So that was a plus. Then as we get ready to go get difficult child 2 she says you guys "really care about difficult child 2". I was like yea we're his parents. She said no after everything that you keep going through you guys still really care. (Like we were special for doing so.) They even asked if there was anything they could help us with by adding anything to the discharge report.

So then we meet with difficult child and the psychiatrist is talking about how horrible it would have been if his esophogus had been cut and it didn't even hase difficult child(go figure).

So then we started off to the Residential Treatment Center (RTC). For most of the ride he slept. (That was ok with me as then I didn't have to watch for anything strange)

When we got back to the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) they checked him back in. They had gone through his room. Only thing left is blanket and pillow and mattress. They even took a metal detector in there to make sure nothing was hidden. We chatted with his case manager and program manager. He kept doing the I don't know thing. So we came home.

So tomorrow I will make the appointment which I was told could take a while to get into. I am allowed to do this and we can drive him places but can't sign for our child.

I HATE THE SYSTEM.

Beth