I tell ya, it just doesn't end.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Picked up cgfg. Went to supper. husband asked about school, she told him she only turned in 1 paper late, and all her grades were good. (she only had one paper MARKED late - she turned in 7 late (all D's or F's) and didn't turn in 2 at all, and her grade card at the quarter end had all C or above, but she currently has 2 D's)

She had the ipod again. (no wonder the girl lies...she's being taught by the best...grandma SWORE she wouldn't give it back til Thanksgiving, at least, and then maybe not even then)

And Two Brooms, who claims she bends over backwards to treat all the kids the same, is allowing nephew's fiance's brother-in-law to hunt with him on Sunday. easy child 1' has asked to take his fiance for the past 3 years and the answer is no because "they don't let other people hunt there".

They just make me sick to have to deal with them.

Last edited:
H

HaoZi

When it rains it pours. I sure hope you get some rainbows and nice flowers soon! *HUGS*

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Well, we made it thru husband's nephew's rehearsal and dinner tonight and my tongue didn't get the best of me!

Close call with Wee, he wanted to help and everyone just snapped at him. He holed up under a table in the restaraunt for a while, and I was afraid we were going to have to leave, but thanks to some good friends and diversion tactics, we got back on track and ended up having a good time.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad things went well. Tables provide a dark, safe place when our kids are overwhelmed. It is great that Wee was able to cope with the help you gave him, and that he was able to come out and have some fun! It is a dang shame that no one would let him help.

(((((hugs))))) for you and Wee.

As far as cgfg, maybe it is time for you to just ignore about everything that she does/says. Let her daddy handle her completely. Otherwise you are just going to end up upset every time she comes over because she is not going to get any better at any time in the forseeable future. Sometimes we have to accept that we just cannot fix something. Absolutely nothing that you try to do with her is going to help because she simply has way to many strong bad influences who are determined to not raise her with any sense of responsibilty or work ethic or reasonable values. Too much of her koi is encouraged and you seem to be the ONLY person in her life who sees the problems and cares enough to try to raise her to be a responsible member of society.

You have more than enough on your plate so there simply isn't enough of Shari to advocate for Wee and still try to handle cgfg responsibly. It is OK to let cgfg's problems be her daddy and mommy and gma's problems, except where they cause problems for Wee or Shari directly.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm trying to wash my hands of cgfg. Its still frustrating to know its happening, tho, and I know Wee sees it all. And it was Wee that literally ran into the ipod. But she didn't lie about it once it was discovered, tho she claimed it was an "accident" that she brough it.

I think I will just write an email to mom and print it for grandma and let them know we aren't responsible for her unlimited web surfing since they're providing the tool to surf with without our knowledge. Maybe at least if she ends up knocked up at 16 and mom comes back on us to support a baby, too, we can have some ground to say heck no, this one's on you.

M

ML

I pray you are able to find ways to detach from some of this junk you have no control over anyway. It's the kind of stuff that will take you way down if you let it. Don't let this stuff get through "the bubble". A counselor once shared this visualization tactic with manster for dealing with stress. She said to imagine a bubble around you and that only those people and situations you allow can get through.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh, Shari... Hugs! And more hugs!

I'm glad things worked out with Wee. Ya know, sometimes I'd like to crawl under the nearest table. And I've got 30 years on him!

I agree with others who have said let husband handle cgfg's issues/lies/koi. Unless it penetrates your bubble.

...And MORE HUGS!!!