I think fall may really be here

muttmeister

Last week on Thursday it was 103 here. Last night our low was 43. Today the high barely made 70 and it is supposed to be like this all week. After the summer we've had, I think I'm ready for fall but I hope this isn't a sign that winter will be early and long. I need a couple of months to recover from the air conditioning bills before I start paying heating bills!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I wish this were true but Farmers Almanac says CUT WOOD - it's going to be a long, cold, hard Winter. Hope you and Mother are hanging in there Mutt.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I think I agree with the Farmer's Almanac.

Our trees are changing in a major way already. Started in August. Normally doesn't happen until the end of Sept mid Oct.

I'm preparing for a nasty winter ahead. I figure the trees know what they're doing.

Summer came late here, not until July......went from 60's up to 90's and stayed that way all of July. August came and whoosh back to the 60's, except for about 3 90 days. Today? It had trouble reaching 61 degrees. Tonight I'll be covering my tomato plants.

Also, the dogs coats are thicker as in the winter coat is coming in, same with the outside cats.....

donna723

I think you're right too. A few days ago it was 98/99 degrees and we hadn't had a good rain in about six weeks. Now we're getting what's left of that storm and today it's in the low 60's! I'm thoroughly enjoying it! This is the first time since last spring when I didn't need the AC or even a fan! We had a nice rain yesterday and a steady drizzle all day today, just what we needed. From what they say, it will be like this all week and then warm up next week but only in the 80's, not the 90's. I've heard too that this is supposed to be a long, cold winter but I hope not. It costs me a lot more to run the gas heat than the AC.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Same here. I'm very sad that Summer is coming to a close. I like Fall, but I hate Winter....sends shivers down my spine. I just negotiated with my oil company this week on a capped pricing. It's not looking pretty. I hope H puts up enough firewood to help defray the oil costs.

Jody

I think fall is here too. I love Fall, but am not ready for winter at all. I noticed that Broady's winter coat is here also. Most golden's love snow but not mine. He hates it. My arthritis is better in the winter than it is in the summer, just the opposite of most people, but that's the way it is. The change in seasons and rain is what causes mine to be bad. I love the change of seasons though. I am so glad that I moved in to the apartment this year. The ice and snow was terrible last year when I was in the mobile home. I kept getting snowed in the house and falling. I am going to be prepared for this years winter, or as prepared as I can be. It got down into the 40's last night. I am glad for the kids though, because it was too hot in their school's!!!! I think fall is by far the prettiest season. I love the fall decorations too!!! I just can't get them out yet though!!!!

donna723

The surest sign of fall is my front porch kitties. Instead of being scattered all over the porch and the yard, they're huddled up in one big pile on top of an old blanket on the porch!