I think I have turned in to a difficult child...

ksm

Is it from years of stress and dealing with difficult child? I am angry all the time. Then I get angry at myself for being angry.

Today was first day of school for difficult child (sophomore). She spent hours this week picking out the outfit the shoes, then hours this morning with hair and make up. I get it - typical teen. But, I get ready to take her to school and she is only carrying a poptart. No notebook, no pen and paper, nothing. I realize they probably won't have typical homework today... but... the teachers usually tell them what they need for each class, ie: spiral notebook, or composition notebook, or a two pocket folder, etc, etc...

I guess carrying a notebook just didn't fit in to her color scheme for her outfit. I refused to drive her to school if she didn't at least take pen and paper of some kind. She stomped around and grabbed a spiral notebook and pen and went to car, all the while muttering under her breath. For all her hype of "really going to get serious about school this year!" and then it boils down to she can't be bothered with one notebook. So I drive her to school and guess what. Yep, she left the notebook in the car. But she took the poptarts.

It may seem like a small thing... but multiple times a day these frustrations pile on me until I want to scream. And sometimes I do.

KSM

BusynMember

At our school, Jumper is told what she needs the first day of classes. I do think she brings some token stuff, but, if she does, it's not much. There isn't a list for high school kids here so you can't buy in advance.

ksm

At our school, Jumper is told what she needs the first day of classes. I do think she brings some token stuff, but, if she does, it's not much. There isn't a list for high school kids here so you can't buy in advance.

THat is probably what will happen today at her school... but with no way to write it down, she won't remember the details for each class. Then on Monday, she will start off behind as she won't have the required supplies for each class. I just wanted her to be prepared, take notes, bring the note home, and then go shopping with me for the required items. KSM

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I feel for you KSM I am also a grandmother raising a teenage girl. Many hugs and lots of empathy going to you........... I found the most challenging years to be 13 to 15. Things began smoothing out a bit after the 10th grade. I think, at least for me, being older I just don't have the reserves of energy to deal with attitude..........

It really helped for me to put a lot of focus onto myself, not only therapy, but acupuncture, massage, yoga, meditation...........just doing things for myself in the midst of all of it. Acupuncture really helps with that stress, it promotes deep relaxation.

*I completely understand what you're saying and what you're going through. God Bless you!!!!

InsaneCdn

My kids write notes to themselves on their cell phones. Teachers allow phone use in class on the first day... because they know about this.

ksm

My kids write notes to themselves on their cell phones. Teachers allow phone use in class on the first day... because they know about this.

difficult child doesn't have a cell phone. After losing 3 different Ipod devices in two years (one she lost, refound 6 months later, took it to school and it was stolen with in a month) we haven't provided her with a cell phone. Also, on the ipod, she was leaving it on all night and doing the face to face "chatting" with guys she didn't even know. I don't trust her with a cell phone. KSM

twintroubles

Oh man, can I relate! I sometimes cant even stand myself. I get so worked up, so uptight, so touchy.. I dont even recognize me anymore. Years of dealing with other peoples problems, and being the ONLY one to take any action to better them, has left me feeling used, abused, and thoughly bitter. Now, I dont always feel this way, but when I do, MAN it sucks!!!! hugs to you..
*K

Bunny

It may seem like a small thing... but multiple times a day these frustrations pile on me until I want to scream. And sometimes I do.

(Hugs). I completely understand that feeling. I have felt the same way many, many times. husband doesn't understand why "the little things" bother me so much, but after dealing with hour upon hour of "little things" it just drives you mad! Honestly, I have days where the only thing difficult child has to say to me is "Good morning" and I want to scream, because he will say "good morning" to me all freakin' day long and I know that first one is just the beginning.

Do I think you're turning into a difficult child? No. I think you're just tired of the daily nonsense. After a while it's alike your gears are stripped and you just can't go anymore.

greenrene

I SO understand the feeling angry all the time! My inlaws would then turn it into having the difficult child situation somehow be MY fault. With lots of therapy, I'm learning to deal with it, but yeah. I get it. Hugs to you...