I think I need to move

Lothlorien

to a place that has a homeowner's association. Two absolute must rules have to be
1) NO FLIPPING FOUR WHEELERS
2) NO CAR BOOMING LOUD MUSIC DOWN THE STREET

I'm just so thrilled that yet another neighbor has just bought himself a four wheeler, who is right across the street and I've been listening to this racket for hours now. I have been trying to work and can't concentrate. To top it off, this guy just had back surgery about two months ago. Doofus!

maril

Ouch. Unlucky you. I would want to move to a quiet place, too! Whatever happened to the good old days when people cared about being considerate?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
We have an old couple that lives diagonally across from us. ALL SUMMER LONG...their grandson comes over with his friends and drives the 4-wheelers in the woods alongside our house on their property. It's so annoying. I hate it and H has threatened to set up booby-traps!

I feel for you.

Anaheimfan

Blue Collar Boy
to a place that has a homeowner's association. Two absolute must rules have to be
1) NO FLIPPING FOUR WHEELERS
2) NO CAR BOOMING LOUD MUSIC DOWN THE STREET

I'm just so thrilled that yet another neighbor has just bought himself a four wheeler, who is right across the street and I've been listening to this racket for hours now. I have been trying to work and can't concentrate. To top it off, this guy just had back surgery about two months ago. Doofus!

Do we live in the same Town and Apartment building, Loth? I got the exact same problem. Except I gotta add the idiot on his snowmachine who can't seem to imagine going any further than up and down the road at 2:30 in the am revving his engine instead of driving it, and the Punks with no mufflers on their cars blasting out the latest song "I Used My Woman To Pay for Crack" by SumUselessThug.

DDD

We don't have 4 wheelers but :redface: our neighborhood is an "old neighborhood" and easy child/difficult child's music as he comes home at 2 am or so has caused more than a few comments. Truthfully when I hear the bass booming I feel relief because it means my kid has survived another night
in the community. on the other hand I truly do understand and honestly know that under other circumstances I would be complaining about the racket...if it weren't my kid!

Funny thing is that last week easy child/difficult child spent the night away from home and I was enjoying the peacefulness of an empty house when :confused: I heard voices outside around 2 AM. I sat up in the bed and thought OMG is he coming home drunk instead of staying where he has permission to be? Lo and behold it was the teenage children of the VERY religious people next door.........playing tag in the yard at 2 AM. Yeppers. Even God fearing straight A students can be a pain in the fanny.

Hang in there. Wherever you try to move there could be worse teens laying in wait! Hugs. DDD

Lothlorien

You know, we moved here, because it was more of an upscale neighborhood. But I guess with upscale neighborhoods, they have more money to be more inconsiderate of their neighbors. I'm super over-sensitive to this, since the one side of the block hates me for calling the cops a couple of months ago, after their four year old almost killed himself in front of my house and their six year old almost killed himself in front of my house on a couple of months before that. I'm the B*** if the block now, but as long as my kids are safe, I really don't care what they think.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Yup........

Time to move - really. Upscale apparently had no idea that an HOA covenant should have included riding 4-wheelers in the city. WHAT morons.

Jena

ok here's what i think get in your car or truck whatever you drive. Crank the music as loud as possible maybe some Julie Andrews I've been watching Mary poppins lately and sound of music. Drive up and down the block windows open very very slowly. :)

Than park it in your drive, yes windows open very loud. Get ear plugs for yourself and put them in and go inside again. LOL.

Maybe they'll get the point?? Ive done this by the way it works lol

F

flutterbee

Loth,

I was the B, too. You're in good company.

Watch HOA's though. Some of them can be so incredibly limiting that you feel like you're living in another country. Ours actually was, but only a few people gave a damn about the smaller stuff.