I think I should be angry...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
But I'm not. And I'm not sure why.
husband, God love him, took the day off yesterday because the car he drives wouldn't start. He was going to fix it.
When I left the house to go to work, the hood was open, the driver's door was open (it was raining), and the key was in the on position in the ignition. I shut turned off the key, shut the door and hood, and went to work. And placed a bet with a few folks whether or not he would fix it or just resort to driving my truck.
I got home last night and the car wasn't fixed. No attempt. BUT, he hadn't unhooked the truck to drive around, either. He had called his cousin to come help him start the car, but cousin didn't have time and hadn't been there yet (it was 6pm - good chance he wasn't coming at that point).
So I called cousin, clarified that he was not coming, and proceeded to jerry-rig the car. Needs a starter, but working for now.
I spent the day Monday at home with wee difficult child (on suspension) cleaning and doing laundry. 10 hours, I worked, and I'm still not in a "clean" house. He sat there yesterday and did nothing. No dishes, no laundry, didn't feed and water the horses, nothing. Never mind that he could have also a) winterized the camper so we could stop running the heat in it, b) fixed the leaking water hydrant, c) stabilized the broken pole that carries the electric to the shop, d) put the heaters in the stock tanks so the animals will have water, e) checked to see if the parts store has the starter the car needs, and if the one off the old car would happen to fit it...nope, he did nothing. He counted the change in his change jar.
And for some reason, I'm not angry. Something must be wrong with me...

muttmeister

Maybe you have the Christmas spirit?

Really, anger is not a very good response to much, although I still erupt regularly like a geyser. If this is his habit, there is no use getting angry because you've probably already done that and found out it doesn't help. When you live with somebody like that you have to either (a) accept and live with it, or (b) throw him out and start over. It looks like you've opted for a so, at this point, why get angry? Or, if you're a (insert word for a female dog) like me, maybe getting even would be more appealing. LOL

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ah......Mutt, very wise words.

Shari - this is the time for your husband cycling....and I think you are "over" it.

Either that or you are still SO shocked by having Christmas at your house and not going to 2brooms by order of husband that you aren't going to rock the boat this close to Christmas and are willing to let things slide - whats the Latin phrase ......Quid Pro Quo. This for that.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I did want to call him up and yell at him today while I was out putting stock tank heaters in and putting the horses in the other pasture.
Temp - 12 degrees.
Wind - with-nw 15-40mph.
Me - not liking it.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Ok, now I'm angry.

Waited for easy child 2 to get home on the bus at 3:30 to take her to counselor. She didn't show. Check the school website, she went home sick.

So I cancel the appointment at the last minute.

Ok, fine. Usually, her grandma (mom's mom) calls me about now (5-isg) to tell me she's there and sick and tell me to come pick her up. No call. So I call grandma. Grandma doesn't have her. I call mom. Mom doesn't have her.

School called husband and he called two brooms to go pick her up. And she's not that sick. (flu shots were today....hmmm....)

So I may have a late cancel fee for the counselor, plus made an :censored2: of myself with grandma and mom, which, remember, IIIII am the one who deals with them...not husband.

Now, I'm angry. And he knows it.

Oh, and why was she sick? The h1n1 nasal spray made her gag.

Oh my.

Last edited: